Davys Sheffield

Great nite had by all, Northern rare and underplayed along with a bit of Motown, Smudge Smith, then Mitch from Blackhearts Soul Club mixed it all up,with some great r'n b 100mph stompers and then finishing with Darrow Fletcher, a class act, then came the Godfather of Soul in the Steel City -Tony B, simply awesome, caught Clyde Mcphatter in there along with Darrell Banks, what a diverse set from a hugely talented man, Daveys Soul Nights are back! KTF

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest smudgesmith

Great nite had by all, Northern rare and underplayed along with a bit of Motown, Smudge Smith, then Mitch from Blackhearts Soul Club mixed it all up,with some great r'n b 100mph stompers and then finishing with Darrow Fletcher, a class act, then came the Godfather of Soul in the Steel City -Tony B, simply awesome, caught Clyde Mcphatter in there along with Darrell Banks, what a diverse set from a hugely talented man, Daveys Soul Nights are back! KTF

Dont think we were at the same do!!!!!

I didnt play!!!

Edited by smudgesmith
Guest Tony B

Would just like to thank Cliff for inviting me to Davy's to do a guest spot. I thoroughly enjoyed it, it's always nice to be playing alongside Bob and Ace and was especially nice to meet Mitch! (Black Hearts Soul Club) Special thanks to you Mick, glad you enjoyed my set! Also there's a place spare in the car for the Hull Modern / crossover all dayer on Sunday May 1st if your interested ...where I will be playing ? Cheers, Tony B City Limits.

A BIG Thank you to Cliff for letting me Dj at Davy's soul night on Saturday :thumbsup: A great venue with a friendly crowd and good atmosphere :huh: Hi Tony :ohmy: a real pleasure to meet you as well mate and may be we will meet up again Djing at another venue in the future.

KTF Mitch & Mel

www.blackheartsoul.co.uk

Guest Big Cliff

Hi everyone,I would just like to thank you all for your wonderful comments. ")A fantastic nite was had by all.Thanks to all the DJ's that made it a really great atmosphere! :o)and to all you soulful lot for coming and letting your hair down!!Hope to see you all soon at Davy's (Friday 27th May 2011 with guest DJ's Ian Gee, Ginger Taylor, Cris Brook, Casper & Tony B)!!Cliff (KTF)

Hi everyone,I would just like to thank you all for your wonderful comments. ")A fantastic nite was had by all.Thanks to all the DJ's that made it a really great atmosphere! :o)and to all you soulful lot for coming and letting your hair down!!Hope to see you all soon at Davy's (Friday 27th May 2011 with guest DJ's Ian Gee, Ginger Taylor, Cris Brook, Casper & Tony B)!!Cliff (KTF)

planning future trips cliff, heard it's a good night @ Davy's (just like harold club down the road), is Davy's an OVO venue?

Hi Coops, do you mean Darnall Horti? I think you need a refresher visit :ohmy: . It'd be good to see you :D .

All the best

John

no John, i KNOW the Darni's OVO and yes, you are right, been way too long since last visit and will most certainly try and get up there soon, nowt but good reports hit my ears my friend. :lol:

planning future trips cliff, heard it's a good night @ Davy's (just like harold club down the road), is Davy's an OVO venue?

Hi there Coops,

Dont know about anyone else but I shall be playing Only Original Vinyl as I always do when I'm on next month, never owned a pressing.....

See you there mate

Hi there Coops,

Dont know about anyone else but I shall be playing Only Original Vinyl as I always do when I'm on next month, never owned a pressing.....

See you there mate

good man, i'd hate to travel 90+ miles to hear some scallies playing look-a-like boots, can get that anywhere! :)

no John, i KNOW the Darni's OVO and yes, you are right, been way too long since last visit and will most certainly try and get up there soon, nowt but good reports hit my ears my friend. :thumbsup:

Hi Coops, sorry mate, I've just found out there is a Harold Club, up Bradford way I think. Glad to hear you're getting good reports about the Horti - we pay a lot of money for the advertising :lol: . Seriously, looking forward to seeing you again :) .

ATB

John

Source Advert