Route 61

Guest A WAY OF LIFE NS

Guest A WAY OF LIFE NS

:D Just like to say what great night it was last night , great music played something for everyone thnx to all djs john barnsley , martin ,mopsey and brandy sisters Great set. sorry to say steve was not down last night due to not been feeling to well after is illness food poisoning and an hospital visit for a colonscopy hope you feel better soon mate :( tnx to all the regulars and cath on the door , thnx to all the peeps who travelled the barnsley crew & carl and rest of the E.M.S .C , richard and corkey great to cya mate and anyone who gave the route a visit thank you cya all soon .

peace KTF........:)

• Replies 20
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest BrandySistaShirl

thanks for having us back :thumbsup:

we had a great nite

always a friendly crowd at the route.

thanks to cath on the door always a lovely welcoming smile to greet you.:D

thanks to the bar staff.

to our mate sorry we missed your early spot :(

moppsy and martin.hatsoff2.gif:thumbsup: john :yes::thumbsup:

thankyou to team tarn for thier support......brilliant friends.

lovely to see carl tim troy and thier lovely ladys.:yes:

see you all soon.k.t.f. shirl (the good brandy sister.innocent.gif )x

STEVE HOPE YOU GET WELL SOON.IT WASNT THE SAME WITHOUT YOU STOOD OUTSIDE.X

Guest dazzzzler

:yes: Just like to say what great night it was last night , great music played something for everyone thnx to all djs john barnsley , martin ,mopsey and brandy sisters Great set. sorry to say steve was not down last night due to not been feeling to well after is illness food poisoning and an hospital visit for a colonscopy hope you feel better soon mate :thumbsup: tnx to all the regulars and cath on the door , thnx to all the peeps who travelled the barnsley crew & carl and rest of the E.M.S .C , richard and corkey great to cya mate and anyone who gave the route a visit thank you cya all soon .

peace KTF........hatsoff2.gif

hey up mark glad went well last night ,ope steve gets well soon thumbsup.gif

Hi Shirl I just played a few tracks to welcome people coming in and then Martin took over. A good turn out than excepted and with Mopsey first time behind the decks. Must thank all the deejays for their sets as we all had a good time. Nice to see a return visit from Carl, Tim and Troy. Shame Fozzie had to miss this one, all the best mate. A big thanks to Kath, see you all soon. Dave

Guest BrandySistaShirl

Hi Shirl I just played a few tracks to welcome people coming in and then Martin took over. A good turn out than excepted and with Mopsey first time behind the decks. Must thank all the deejays for their sets as we all had a good time. Nice to see a return visit from Carl, Tim and Troy. Shame Fozzie had to miss this one, all the best mate. A big thanks to Kath, see you all soon. Dave

next time let me know and we will be there earlier yes.gif

see you all soon.x

Hya Mark,

Thanks for starting up the thread.

No Fozzie this month but a fabulous team effort from Mark & Dave (setting up the gear) Moppsey for coming in at the last minute and as always Kath on the door, meant that everything could go ahead as planned.

With so many local events over the weekend it was always going to be difficult to forecast numbers and we were really pleased with the turnout including the East Midlands crowd and the fantastic support from Barnsley for the Brandy Sisters. Not forgetting regulars from Sheffield, Huddersfield and Rotherham.

John Barnsley started the night with a good mix of 60's and 70's northern followed by Moppsey with a selection of classic and underplayed and then the fabulous Brandy Sisters with a fun filled set that only they could play, ended by a huge round of applause.

I finished the night off with an hour of classic northern and Motown.

So thanks to everyone for making it such a good night and hope to see you all in June with Fozzie back behind the decks and guest DJ's Little John and Moppsey.

Martin

Edited by Guest
Guest BrandySistaShirl

Hya Mark,

Thanks for starting up the thread.

No Fozzie this month but a fabulous team effort from Mark & Dave (setting up the gear) Moppsey for coming in at the last minute and as always Kath on the door, meant that everything could go ahead as planned.

With so many local events over the weekend it was always going to be difficult to forecast numbers and we were really pleased with the turnout including the East Midlands crowd and the fantastic support from Barnsley for the Brandy Sisters. Not forgetting regulars from Sheffield, Huddersfield and Rotherham.

John Barnsley started the night with a good mix of 60's and 70's northern followed by Moppsey with a selection of classic and underplayed and then the fabulous Brandy Sisters with a fun filled set that only they could play, ended by a huge round of applause.

I finished the night off with an hour of classic northern and Motown.

So thanks to everyone for making it such a good night and hope to see you all in June with Fozzie back behind the decks and guest DJ's Little John and Moppsey.

Martin

hey martin thanks for that.

we were proud of the support we recieved from barnsley and carl and team.

and your lovely regulars who make this a brilliant club to visit.

we thought you did well on the numbers to say how many other events were on the same night.

keep doin what your doin caus your doing it right,:hatsoff2::yes:

luv n best wishes to all at route 61.xx

Hya Shirley,

Thanks for the kind comments and also thanks for such a good laugh.

You and Joyce had me in stitches before we handed over on the decks.:yes:

When Joyce called Carl onto the stage I thought that he was going to become the third Brandy Sister biggrin.gif

See you all at yours or at Brid whichever comes first :hatsoff2:

Take care

Martin

Edited by Guest
Guest BrandySistaShirl

Hya Shirley,

Thanks for the kind comments and also thanks for such a good laugh.

You and Joyce had me in stitches before we handed over on the decks.:cheese1:

When Joyce called Carl onto the stage I thought that he was going to become the third Brandy Sister :wub:

See you all at yours or at Brid whichever comes first :thumbsup:

Take care

Martin

ha ha...............she probably needed some coke fetching.:D

its all about having a good time wi good friends and quality music.

lifes too short to be miserable eh!:shhh:

hope to see you both at trades on friday.

if not see you soon.x smile.gif

Guest A WAY OF LIFE NS

:cheese1: Hi ya mate no probs really enjoyed the night and were a good team its all about togetherness that the great thing about the route and northern soul, thnx shirley and joyce for your great company and dj sets always a pleasure to have you XX.

peace KTF :thumbsup:

Guest BrandySistaShirl

:cheese1: Hi ya mate no probs really enjoyed the night and were a good team its all about togetherness that the great thing about the route and northern soul, thnx shirley and joyce for your great company and dj sets always a pleasure to have you XX.

peace KTF :thumbsup:

what a good example of what i was saying earlier about route 61 :shhh:yes.gif

teamwork....fantastic.

and its always a pleasure to come and an even bigger one when we play there.

take care.xx

what a good example of what i was saying earlier about route 61 :thumbsup::cheese1:

teamwork....fantastic.

and its always a pleasure to come and an even bigger one when we play there.

take care.xx

Hya Shirl, i am so sorry i was not there to enjoy yrs & Joyce's spot also the rest of the other Djs,

On a positive note i am really glad it all went well in my absence,

I also want to thank Martin for keeping the ship afloat not forgetting Kath who does a great job on the door, to John for always being there as our support warm up man, & a great big thanks to Mopsey who stood in for me at the last min, to mark & Dave who were responsible for setting up my equip, i also want thank the regulars of Route61 & to the others who gave there support of which i understand was a fab night.

god Bless you All.

Fozzie

Guest Okeh

We missed the all dayer due to a Bank Holiday break but really glad that we didn't miss this one.

Top class from start to finish with all DJ's playing excellent spots and providing a brilliant atmosphere.:thumbsup:

See everyone again in June :cheese1:

KC

Guest BrandySistaShirl

Hya Shirl, i am so sorry i was not there to enjoy yrs & Joyce's spot also the rest of the other Djs,

On a positive note i am really glad it all went well in my absence,

I also want to thank Martin for keeping the ship afloat not forgetting Kath who does a great job on the door, to John for always being there as our support warm up man, & a great big thanks to Mopsey who stood in for me at the last min, to mark & Dave who were responsible for setting up my equip, i also want thank the regulars of Route61 & to the others who gave there support of which i understand was a fab night.

god Bless you All.

Fozzie

No probs you carnt help being ill.....hope your much better.

everyone did a fantastic job.:lol:

it was a realy good nite. sorry you missed it.

we will do it all again soon to make up for it.

you take care and il be intouch about the d.j for june.xx

Bit late posting, computer been in sick bay, caught a virus, but sorted now by the Tech Guys at PC World so back in action again.

Another good night at the Route but then it is what we have come to expect.

Arrived a bit later than usual but things well under way and good to see the Brandy Sister's side of the room filling up nicely, just not the same without you, girls.

Enjoyed doing my spot, able to play some of my £2 bargains from Camden Lock market. Can't help but wonder what I left behind.

Highlight of the night was the Brandy's set, they never disappoint.

Martin treated us to some good R n B, Joyce wants more, please.

Moppsey played some different stuff and sadly we won't be there next month to hear him, annual pilgrimage to Brid Weekender.

Carl, don't dance in the shadows cos I can't see your footwork to copy but good to see you and the East Midlands Crew

As already said Big Thanks to Kath, Mark and Dave for making night possible.

Steve, missed you mate, get yourself better soon

PS from Joyce, John will never dance like you in a million years Carl so dance where ever you like

Edited by JohnBarnsley
Guest Tarnlad

Really enjoyed Friday at the Route , A well run venue , and a great bunch of people :no: . Well done to all the Dj's :hatsoff2: Brandy sisters were on top form ,i still haven't worked out who the quiet one is though :ohmy:

Guest BrandySistaShirl

Bit late posting, computer been in sick bay, caught a virus, but sorted now by the Tech Guys at PC World so back in action again.

Another good night at the Route but then it is what we have come to expect.

Arrived a bit later than usual but things well under way and good to see the Brandy Sister's side of the room filling up nicely, just not the same without you, girls.

Enjoyed doing my spot, able to play some of my £2 bargains from Camden Lock market. Can't help but wonder what I left behind.

Highlight of the night was the Brandy's set, they never disappoint.

Martin treated us to some good R n B, Joyce wants more, please.

Moppsey played some different stuff and sadly we won't be there next month to hear him, annual pilgrimage to Brid Weekender.

Carl, don't dance in the shadows cos I can't see your footwork to copy but good to see you and the East Midlands Crew

As already said Big Thanks to Kath, Mark and Dave for making night possible.

Steve, missed you mate, get yourself better soon

PS from Joyce, John will never dance like you in a million years Carl so dance where ever you like

thankyou for your kind words john.

glad to see our table hadnt been given away :rolleyes:

you played a good set yourself.hatsoff2.gif

oh john carl learnt all his moves from r joyce so if you want some tips rolleyes.gif:thumbsup:

see you soon.x

Guest BrandySistaShirl

Really enjoyed Friday at the Route , A well run venue , and a great bunch of people :yes: . Well done to all the Dj's hatsoff2.gif Brandy sisters were on top form ,i still haven't worked out who the quiet one is though :rolleyes:

AHEM were not quiet but ones a good brandy sister n ones not so good.:yes::)

il give u a clue............this is me innocent.gif

and this is mi best mate.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbup:......get mi drift!!

glad you could come paul and we hope you liked the record.

hope to see youat trades fri.

take care.x

AHEM were not quiet but ones a good brandy sister n ones not so good.:thumbsup::thumbup:

il give u a clue............this is me innocent.gif

and this is mi best mate.beer.gif:rolleyes::thumbsup: :thumbsup:......get mi drift!!

glad you could come paul and we hope you liked the record.

hope to see youat trades fri.

take care.x

I thought you use your halo as a coaster these days because it kept slipping?

Guest BrandySistaShirl

I thought you use your halo as a coaster these days because it kept slipping?

Shhhhhush..................im not telling anyone else.:thumbsup::wub: .x

Source Advert