Unusual Ric Tic

Just noticed I have a copy of RT-122 (Ain't love wonderful) with the label of RT-128 ( Romeo and Juliets ) on the reverse .

It correctly plays 'the whole world is a stage' though . I'm sure it's not rare, but it makes you wonder why they were pressing Rt-122 and had labels ready for Rt-128

at the same time.

Rob

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just noticed I have a copy of RT-122 (Ain't love wonderful) with the label of RT-128 ( Romeo and Juliets ) on the reverse .

It correctly plays 'the whole world is a stage' though . I'm sure it's not rare, but it makes you wonder why they were pressing Rt-122 and had labels ready for Rt-128

at the same time.

Rob

If a 45 got play / was a hit they would press more of that record to sell, they didn't just press all copies of a number and that was it. They were probably repressing the record as the fantastic four were one of the more successful rictic artists.

Social source share

If you look at various Ric-Tic listings these show #122 being released in March '67 and #128 in April '67 - only a month between

That said the in-between releases were put out up until #127 in June '67 - so #128 went backwards yes.gif

There was no #126 so no issue there over timing

I have the following DJ copies of #122 which are interesting - check the differences in the credits

Cheers

Richard

post-12286-0-27487500-1307207337_thumb.j

post-12286-0-27625900-1307207571_thumb.j

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!