Posted
2 hours ago, Knockerdj said:

Hiya Chalky, Beetle, Rat real name Philip Deakin, passed away about 6yrs ago. His older brother Dabber is still knocking about. Hiya Sammy, that's not me in the photo, looks more like Johnny Green to me. Hope everyone is healthy, Knocker

Hi Knocker, yeah same Phil Deakin I think, bloody nutter.  Remember him a lot from football with Holmewood.

soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amount Of Reads

•  Views 4.8k

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Inkey Social, Wow !! Used to play there alongside a young John Poole ( when he had hair ) and the legend and true gentleman that was Nev Wherry. Wednesdays I think Spike, Temple Normanton

Grassmoor right track soul club in parish hall Temple normanton is the place where the miners welfare was there was a pub across from it on a rased mound lords arm I think I

When DJing there the one track that stood out head and shoulders was The Yum Yums - Big Thing. Still invokes the memories of the little clubs around Chesterfield whenever I hear it. Nev Wherry

Posted Images

Posted
22 hours ago, Chalky said:

Hi Knocker, yeah same Phil Deakin I think, bloody nutter.  Remember him a lot from football with Holmewood.

Hiya Chalke, it was his eyes that made him look evil. In reality, he was a pussy, all mouth. He had the funniest of laughs though, if you heard him laughing, you'd start laughing yourself. I remember him playing football for Holmewood, he got a game when they was short. He volleyed a ball into this kids face and shouted "Rioch", could be so funny at times

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
22 minutes ago, Knockerdj said:

Hiya Chalke, it was his eyes that made him look evil. In reality, he was a pussy, all mouth. He had the funniest of laughs though, if you heard him laughing, you'd start laughing yourself. I remember him playing football for Holmewood, he got a game when they was short. He volleyed a ball into this kids face and shouted "Rioch", could be so funny at times

That’s him mate, had some laughs with him.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 10/09/2020 at 03:32, Knockerdj said:

Hiya Chalky, Beetle, Rat real name Philip Deakin, passed away about 6yrs ago. His older brother Dabber is still knocking about. Hiya Sammy, that's not me in the photo, looks more like Johnny Green to me. Hope everyone is healthy, Knocker

Awrite Knocker, sorry bout misidentification, s'funny,  I thought JG initially but the slightly longer hair threw me.  Fraud I'm not  so mobile these days after RTA back in 86, nor have I been anywhere since YM/02, which is more than sad but being sat all nite insteadve being able to dance at will ruins one's head (!) if kwim. 

Apart from all that I was dead pleased to come across the Inky, Bons page and to read names not heard for decades, and to  find that you're still a-Okeh. 

Keep On Bro. 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Chalky, how do old mate,  fraid I'm not too good on two anymore, nor have I been anywhere since YM/02, but was a breath of fresh to come across the Inky, Bons etc page, sparkin up a few thoughts from daze gone.... 

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments/views now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Dramatics - Inky Winky , James Fountain - Seven Day
    Record Sales by on Thu 01 Mar 2007
    • 1 / 647