Soul Shoes - Bishopstoke Memorial Hall

Guest Glawster

Guest Glawster

Thanks to Ann, Carol,Sandy,Julie & Sue for a wonderful night of excellent tunes .

We set off mid morning after a few hours kip following the Gloucester Allnighter and booked into The Prince of Wales(Bishopstoke),which is highly recommended if anyone is after a place to stay for future soul do's and only a 3 min walk from the venue.

As for the event itself its a bring your own booze or pop next door to the pub for your drinks,but judging by the amount of Co-Op bags being brought in the local Bishopstoke economy was booming(and these were top ups as most folk brought cool boxes with them!)

From the get go it was rammed,extra chairs were being sourced and tables rearranged to accomodate everyone.

Great to see so many old soul friends again,Tim,Simon,Dave,Shay,Steve,Charmaine,Dave,Jan,Fiona,Shirl,Brian(one of the scenes real characters!)Danny,Mandy,Kev,Rachel,Tony,Di etc.

Matty as always was great company but Im afraid Matt, Simon came out with the quote of the night in the "Kitchen Record Bar" - "Bill Bush,You play Bill Bush , I take a pi$ behind a Bush!" - Brilliant,just summed the atmosphere up for me!!

I estimate around 200 folks were in and the dancefloor reflected the mood of the punters,a bit of something for everyone(Modern soulies the exception) Classic Northern,some rarer stuff,R n B and top Motown tunes were played all night - The Ladies did a great job and I think Annies 3 encore tunes paid testament to the fact folks didnt want to leave but leave we had too,so trolley laden we made our way back the POW and bedded down for the night.

At breakfast it was nice to have a chat with members of the Due South Scooter club who had their weekly meet for brekkie before their rideout,sadly the weather prevented a bigger turn out but that said it rounded off an excellent weekend. The down side was travelling back in awful weather!

Ann has promised another Ladies Night for the future,so look out!!

Apologies for the guy and usual resident DJ for forgetting your name but you did a sterling job on the door.(Stuart maybeblush.gif)

Oh and a special mention to my "new friend" Mark who sang(nay shouted) the entire Martha Reeves choon I gotta Let you go in my lug hole!!

Edited by Glawster
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dave Mortimore

. What a very good report Martin. It summed up the night perfectly. The subdued lighting was perfect to allow folk to blend in amongst the throng and thus Jan & I felt very relaxed in casual chit-chats or watching others when we weren't dancing ourselves.

. There was a superb atmosphere and we really enjoyed ourselves.

. I don't normally write-up anything for this event because it doesn't usually get publicised that much on Soul Source. It's about time it did get some recognition, so thanks for your detailed words.

. See you around. Possibly at Bournemouth University on Saturday, Dave & Jan

Guest kellys99

I am not much for writing big write ups!

So all I can say is what a brilliant night, once I got over my nerves of being up on a big stage for the first time!

Sandy x

Thanks to Ann, Carol,Sandy,Julie & Sue for a wonderful night of excellent tunes .

We set off mid morning after a few hours kip following the Gloucester Allnighter and booked into The Prince of Wales(Bishopstoke),which is highly recommended if anyone is after a place to stay for future soul do's and only a 3 min walk from the venue.

As for the event itself its a bring your own booze or pop next door to the pub for your drinks,but judging by the amount of Co-Op bags being brought in the local Bishopstoke economy was booming(and these were top ups as most folk brought cool boxes with them!)

From the get go it was rammed,extra chairs were being sourced and tables rearranged to accomodate everyone.

Great to see so many old soul friends again,Tim,Simon,Dave,Shay,Steve,Charmaine,Dave,Jan,Fiona,Shirl,Brian(one of the scenes real characters!)Danny,Mandy,Kev,Rachel,Tony,Di etc.

Matty as always was great company but Im afraid Matt, Simon came out with the quote of the night in the "Kitchen Record Bar" - "Bill Bush,You play Bill Bush , I take a pi$ behind a Bush!" - Brilliant,just summed the atmosphere up for me!

I estimate around 200 folks were in and the dancefloor reflected the mood of the punters,a bit of something for everyone(Modern soulies the exception) Classic Northern,some rarer stuff,R n B and top Motown tunes were played all night - The Ladies did a great job and I think Annies 3 encore tunes paid testament to the fact folks didnt want to leave but leave we had too,so trolley laden we made our way back the POW and bedded down for the night.

At breakfast it was nice to have a chat with members of the Due South Scooter club who had their weekly meet for brekkie before their rideout,sadly the weather prevented a bigger turn out but that said it rounded off an excellent weekend. The down side was travelling back in awful weather!

Ann has promised another Ladies Night for the future,so look out!!

Apologies for the guy and usual resident DJ for forgetting your name but you did a sterling job on the door.(Stuart maybeblush.gif)

Oh and a special mention to my "new friend" Mark who sang(nay shouted) the entire Martha Reeves choon I gotta Let you go in my lug hole!!

HI MARTIN THIS IS MY SECOND POSTING .NO`1 MUST BE IN CYBERSPACE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????angry.gif

HERE GOES AGAIN !!!! DOES THE "BRIAN " " ONE OF THE SCENES REAL CHARACTERS " COME FROM WIGAN ? IF SO IS THAT A NICE WAY OF SAYING I`M A GOBBY NORTHERN TW@T LOL LOL ohmy.gif

ANYWAY IT WAS GREAT TO SEE " ONE OF THE SCENES LOVELIEST COUPLES " yes.gif

WHAT A GREAT NIGHT ,THE PLACE WAS RAMMED , WELL DONE AGAIN TODDY(AKA STUART no.gif )AND ANNIE ,

CHEERS ! WIGANBRIAN .

Edited by wiganpotter

It was a great night at Bishopstoke on Saturday, as the Soul Shoes "Ladies Night" brought together the South Coast soulies and promoters and it was clear from start to finish that everyone enjoyed themselves.

It was good to catch up with you both, and we are looking forward to Sue's welcome return to Bournemouth in September.

It was a great night at Bishopstoke on Saturday, as the Soul Shoes "Ladies Night" brought together the South Coast soulies and promoters and it was clear from start to finish that everyone enjoyed themselves.

It was good to catch up with you both, and we are looking forward to Sue's welcome return to Bournemouth in September.

Guest Glawster

DOES THE "BRIAN " " ONE OF THE SCENES REAL CHARACTERS " COME FROM WIGAN ? IF SO IS THAT A NICE WAY OF SAYING I`M A GOBBY NORTHERN TW@T LOL LOL ohmy.gif

Now would I say that ,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmthumbsup.gif

Guest Tamlasue

It was a brilliant night and all the girls worked their socks off on the decks to keep the floor busythumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Roll on the next Ladies night

Sue

Edited by Tamlasue

Source Advert