Manifesto Soul Club - Friday 8Th July - Another Great Night

JUST LIKE TO SAY A BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO CAME AND SUPPORTED OUR SOUL NIGHT - VERY MUCH APPRECIATED BY AV & ME.:thumbsup: NUMBERS UP & NICE TO SEE SOME NEW FACES JOINING OUR REGULARS.

A GREAT VARIETY OF QUALITY TUNES PLAYED FROM SKA/REGGAE, RnB, 60s,70s AND BEYOND + CURRENT FLOORFILLERS - HOPEFULLY SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE.:D

SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR 2 GUEST DJs ON THE NIGHT - PAUL MORRALL & MARTYN BIRD FOR KEEPING US ENTERTAINED WITH 4 SETS OF QUALITY SOUL.:D

HOPE YOU CAN JOIN US NEXT MONTH ON FRIDAY 12TH AUGUST WHEN OUR SPECIAL GUESTS WILL BE LAWRENCE GRIMSHAW & RUSS STEELE.

PETE

• Replies 16
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Pete n Av

Well what a cracking night,great to see a few in & all enjoying themselves.Certainly did what it said on the tin....."Across The Board" to the fullest extent.It was a pleasure to spin a few knowing you could mix it up without anyone rushing up to the decks telling you what you should or shouldn't be playing,a credit to all in the room.Thought Paul was brilliant with tune after tune of quality soul music with something to suit all tastes,shame there wasn't more in early on to hear some great stuff from Av(Show & Tell what a record) & I thought Pete's few Ska tunes near the end was a stroke of genius & made me realise I don't hear enough of it which I will have to remedy.I think one of the lads with us who was paying his first visit to Manifesto about summed it up right.........."Loved every minute of it,heard loads of great stuff I didn't know.........WHEN'S THE NEXT ONE!!"

So I'm proud to say that I am no longer a Manifesto virgin & thank you everyone for been gentle with me :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul

What I played last night,in no particular order................

Philharmonics-I Need,I Need Your Love Soulin'

Bobby Sheen-Something New To Do WB

Carter Brothers-so Glad She's Mine Jewel

The Miracles-If Your Mother Only Knew Tamla

Wicked Lester-Gay With An E Club Tikka 45

Merry Clayton-Gimme Shelter Ode Records

Teri Thornton-Molly Marlene Mothers Records

Ketty Lester-Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid RCA

Roy Hamilton-You Shook Me Up RCA

Bobby Day-Pretty Little Girl Next Door RCA

The Superiors-I'd Rather Die Sue

Linda Lyndell-Bring Your Love Back To Me Stax

The Drifters-Baby What I Mean Atlantic

Edwin Starr-My Weakness Is You TMG

Ella Fitzgerald-These Boots Are Made For Walkin' Barclay

H.B.Barnum-it Hurts Too Much To Cry RCA

El Anthony-We've Been In Love Too Long La Cindy

Martha Reeves-No One There TMG

The Dynamics-You Make Me Feel Good RCA

George Freeman-Down & Out Valiant

Kenny Shepard-What Difference Does It Make Maxx

Lee Rogers-Sock Some Love Power To Me Premium Stuff

Otis Redding-Demonstration Atco

Mel & Tim-Backfield In Motion Concord

Bobby Bland-Shoes Duke

Rufus Thomas-The Memphis Train Stax

Harvey Averne-Central Park Uptite

Four Tops-Ask The Lonely Motown

Think that's about it??

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul

Hi Pete, Av and all

Absolutely fabulous night at Manifesto. For me the best I've been to. Excellent range of terrific tunes from the residents and guests alike. Great to see numbers well up, this club deserves it. Lots of familiar faces, with the usual serious level of deep discussion laugh.gif:lol: :lol: , and a few, certainly new to me.

See you all soon

John & Helen

(Darnall Horti - Friday 15th July with Brett Franklin :thumbup:

Washington Sunday Soul - 17th July with Mark Etheridge and Bri Pinch) :shades:

Guest kolectem

HI,

PETE / AV

THANKS FOR THE INVITE TO PLAY A FEW CHOONS,

MARTYN SAID IT A LOT BETTER THAN I CAN (COS HE CAN SPELL) , REALLY GOOD NITE AND A CROWD TO APPREICATE THE MUSIC PLAYED, ENJOYED ALL THE SPOTS , NUMBERS WERE UP AND THE BEER PROBLEM SORTED,

LOOKING FORWARD TO LISTENING TO THEM YOUNG GUNS ON NEXT MONTH....

PLAYLIST LAST NIGHT---- NO PARTICULAR ORDER

FANTASTIC 4- LIVE UP TO WHAT SHE THINKS- RIC TIC

ROZ RYAN- YOUR MY ONLY TEMPTATION- VOLT

JEAN BATTLE- I,VE GOT TO COME IN- CLINTONE

MARION LOVE- CANT FORGET ABOUT YOU BABY- CAPITOL

PARAMOUNTS- UNDER YOUR SPELL - MAGNUM

PRETENDERS - IT,S EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU -CARNIVAL

CHUCK JACKSON - WAITING IN VAIN - EMI AMERICA

CLYDE KING - ONLY THE GUILTY CRY - PHILLIPS

4 WONDERS - JUST LOOKING FOR MY LOVE - SOLID FOUNDATION

LYN ROMAN - HERE I AM - DOT

JIMMY REED JR - I AINT GOING NOWHERE - MERCURY

BITTER AND THE SWEET - I WONT HAVE ANY BABIES FOR YOU - ANYTHING-EVERYTHING

ANTHONY / IMPERIALS - IT,S NOT THE SAME - VEEP

HELEN SHAPIRO - HE KNOWS HOW TO LOVE ME - COLUMBIA

DYNELLS - CALL ON ME - ATCO

CHARLIE McCOY - MY BABY,S BACK AGAIN - MONUMENT

BARBRA LYNN - TRYING TO LOVE TWO - ICHIBAN

HARRY DEAL/GALAXIES - I STILL LOVE YOU - ECLIPSE

DOUG BANKS - I JUST KEPT ON DANCING - ARGO

TRUE TONES - HE,S GOT THE NERVE - JOSIE

5 ROYALES - CATCH THAT TEARDROP - HOME OF THE BLUES

DOTTIE AND MILLIE - TALKING ABOUT MY BABY - TOPPER

BOBBY WILLIAMS - I,VE ONLY GOT MYSELF TO BLAME - SURESHOT

GILL SCOTT HERON - THE BOTTLE - STRATA EAST tribute

MASSIVE THANKS TO PAUL & MARTYN FOR EXCELLENT GUEST SPOTS & THANKS FOR POSTING YOUR PLAYLISTS. :thumbsup: I PERSONALLY THOROUGHLY ENJOYED THE NIGHT. :yes: GREAT CHOICE OF TUNES FROM BOTH GUESTS KEEPING THE DANCE FLOOR BUSY ALL NIGHT. THE PLACE HAD A BUZZ ABOUT IT FROM KICK OFF & IT WAS GREAT TO SEE THE NUMBERS UP. :thumbup:

THANKS TO ALL WHO ATTENDED & CONTRIBUTED IN MAKING IT A GREAT NIGHT - HOPE YOU CAN JOIN US AGAIN NEXT MONTH.

AV :D

Hi Pete & Av

We had a great night last night and we would agree with all the above, this was the best music (all night long) that we have had at Manifesto for a long time :thumbup: we even enjoyed Pete's Reggie tunes late on :thumbsup: See you next month.

No need to sign off you know who we are now :yes:

Pete & AV

Great night with East Ridings premier DJ Martyn Bird and Paul Morrall Harrogate's Manhattan Club top quality sounds played all-night with an appreciative crowd which kept the floor busy. Mel and myself enjoyed ourselves

Great to see Lawrence and Russ next month :thumbsup:

Guest Derek White

Agree with all the previous comments, really enjoyed the night, everyone seemed to be on top form, wished I could remember all the cracks and one liners... oooops, I mean serious discussion and debate. :lol:

Even had a bit of a shuffle to some tunes... :lol:

Bring on next month :lol: off for a look at Av's pics now.

Cheers,

Derek.

A GREAT VARIETY OF QUALITY TUNES PLAYED FROM SKA/REGGAE, RnB, 60s,70s AND BEYOND + CURRENT FLOORFILLERS - HOPEFULLY SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE.:thumbup:

SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR 2 GUEST DJs ON THE NIGHT - PAUL MORRALL & MARTYN BIRD FOR KEEPING US ENTERTAINED WITH 4 SETS OF QUALITY SOUL.:lol:

HOPE YOU CAN JOIN US NEXT MONTH ON FRIDAY 12TH AUGUST WHEN OUR SPECIAL GUESTS WILL BE LAWRENCE GRIMSHAW & RUSS STEELE.

PETE

Another top night from Pete & Av with special guest DJ's Paul and Martyn. The Manifesto has everything for everyone :lol:

See you at the next one :lol:

Guest Donnyboy

Pete what was that driving R n B track you played - your quote "Martyn daren't play it and after it had finished you either love it or hate it?

Smiler + Pauline - first time at Manisfesto enjoyed the great mix of music - we were the one's who were still there at the death with the young "married" couple!

Pete what was that driving R n B track you played - your quote "Martyn daren't play it and after it had finished you either love it or hate it?

Smiler + Pauline - first time at Manisfesto enjoyed the great mix of music - we were the one's who were still there at the death with the young "married" couple!

HI SMILER,

SO GLAD YOU AND PAULINE ENJOYED YOUR FIRST VISIT TO THE MANIFESTO.

THE TRACK YOUR'E ON ABOUT WAS 'ITS BAD YOU KNOW' BY RL BURNSIDE.

PETE

Edited by Pete Jay

Source Advert