Dean Parrish

Dayo

I spotted Dean Parrish is doing a gig in Brighton Nov 5th. Just wondered what his live show is like?

Any thoughts on the venue and DJ line up?

Info from the net pasted below . Thanks!

Colin

Northen Soul Legend : Dean Parrish Nightlife King Alfred Ballroom, Hove Sat 05/11/05 Fee: £13 The Soul Survivors proudly presents : "Northern Soul Legend : Dean Parrish"; featuring Steve Csordas, The Woons, Steve Mc Mahon, Si Bridger, Clive Rayson & Paddy Shevlin.

Social source share

• Replies 28
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I spotted Dean Parrish is doing a gig in Brighton Nov 5th. Just wondered what his live show is like?

Colin

Northen Soul Legend : Dean Parrish Nightlife King Alfred Ballroom, Hove Sat 05/11/05 Fee: £13 The Soul Survivors proudly presents : "Northern Soul Legend : Dean Parrish"; featuring Steve Csordas, The Woons, Steve Mc Mahon, Si Bridger, Clive Rayson & Paddy Shevlin.

Yes he is good live, he was on at Cleethorpes and went to see him he likes to mix with the crowd and I had a good chat with him. Hes a nice bloke. and has some good storys to tell. Strange seeing him the flesh. Hes a small bloke . with gray hair and when you see him sing the Voice just dosnt seem to match the the person your eyes are looking at :thumbsup:

Social source share

The venue if ok, a little small, its on the seafront in hove and very easy to find get cabs etc. DJ's are pretty good (though i admit to having limited knowledge as bit of a newcomer to the scene) Steve Mcmahon is from the Worthing soul club I have heard hi a few times and he has always done the business. should be a good turn out as I know a few who are going.

Social source share

Colin

I would recommend seeing him defo. I saw him at rehearsals with Maxine (with Randy) and he was brilliant :D:thumbsup:

Social source share

Seen him twice, but won't see him again.

Its just too weird. His voice doesn't fit the body.

Yes I know awesome voice and all that, but it just doesn't work for me.

But he is such a nice guy :thumbsup:

Social source share

He's also playing at "Central" in Kettering , Northants on Sunday Nov 6th. There's a mini dayer, 5-12. £10.00 to get in. Perfect for those who have Guy Fawkes duties on the 5th! whistling.gif

We are seeing him on the Friday night as he is performing at Hemsby Scooter Rally.... (should be a good un) whistling.gif
Social source share

The venue if ok, a little small, its on the seafront in hove and very easy to find get cabs etc. DJ's are pretty good (though i admit to having limited knowledge as bit of a newcomer to the scene) Steve Mcmahon is from the Worthing soul club I have heard hi a few times and he has always done the business. should be a good turn out as I know a few who are going.

Cheers, Norm - looks Like I owe you a drink !! wink.gif Look forward to seeing you and the gang down there..

..But he looks like my uncle Tony.

you mean the one from the Sopranos, right Col? laugh.gif

Edited by deeve
Social source share

Thanks for the input - will go on Saturday. Taking my non-soul (but learning) girlfriend. If anyone recognises me from my 32 year old avitar pic (I was 15) then I'll definitely buy you a drink!

Col

Edited by Dayo
Social source share

:huh:

Making the trip to Brighton,Just to catch me old mate after the fright he gave me by not leaving the stage at the 100 club so that I could drag him back for an encore,ah well who cares what he looks like, he is an all round good guy who sings like a Hurricane bluddy powerful enough to make the hairs on yer neck curl up and he still sings note perfect,I Will be at Brighton come along and join me u lot can buy the drinks "ps diet coke only"

Wont be selling records?

Doug

:shades::shades:

post-479-1130940519_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Really looking forward to a cracking night and to seeing the great man again - this time perhaps we'll be able to converse a little in Italian!!!

Social source share

Was Dean a hit in the 60s or just a local singer etching a living like most of our heroes.

Strange thing, it can sometimes spoil the song when you see the artist years after the release. Lots of that on the 'Strange World of Northern Soul' DVD.

Herbert Hunter for example.

On the other hand seeing Brenton Wood do the 'Gimme little sign' jig in LA made the song better.

Ed

Social source share

To be honest tomangoes, none of the artistes were well presented in the strange world of northern soul. Don't use that as a future guide when deciding to support live acts :rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert