Weldon Arthur Mcdougall's New Cd - Order Now

Guest vinylvixen

Guest vinylvixen

Weldon Arthur Mcdougall was a pivotal character in the formation of the Harthon production company. A treasure trove of stunning 1966 Northern Soul that has to be heard to be believed....I thought you might be interested...

Weldon A. Mc Dougal III says:

here's a CD just releaced on Bestway records, there is 26 tracks, I produced 24 of them, I under stand the cd is doing well, have any of you guys here on SS heard it yet?

Here's the track listing. You can buy it here https://www.goldsoul.co.uk and at Amazon UK.

1. She's Wanted - Eddie Holman

2. Nevertheless - Lee Andrews

3. I've Had It - Lee Andrews

4. Not Only The Girl Knows - The Victors

5. Hurt - The Victors

6. Stay Mine For Heaven's Sake - Eddie Holman

7. Eddie's My Name - Eddie Holman

8. I Can't Break The Habit - Lee Garrett

9. It's Gonna Be A False Alarm - The Volcanos

10. Deeper Than That - The Preludes

11. Shiggy Diggy - The Preludes

12. Groovin' At The Go-Go - The Four Larks

13. She's Putting You On - The United Four

14. I Still Love You - The Four Larks

15. Without You Baby - Irma and The Larks

16. I Surrender - Eddie Holman

17. Where I'm Not Wanted - Eddie Holman

18. Hurt - Eddie Holman

19. She's Wanted - Larry Clinton

20. Focused On You - Bernard Williams and the Blue Notes

21. It's Needless To Say - Bernard Williams and The Blue Notes

22. You Need Love - Irma and the Fascinators

23. Georgie Porgie - Jo-Ann Jackson and the Dreams

24. Don't Forget That I Love You - The Intentions

25. Groovin At The Go-Go - Harthon Orchestra

26. One More Year - The United Four

Q: was there any link between the Copperettes and Irma and the fascinators, were they the same group?.

Q: I have also heard that Larry Clinton's - she's wanted was actually recorded in Detroit, is this correct or was it cut in Philly? If yes, were any of the other Harthon productions recorded in Detroit.

Irma & The Fascinators, is really the Larks, I had to change the name, because the Larks was with another record co, Yes it's the same track of the Cooperettes Shing-a-Ling, the link between the Larks & the Cooperettes is, I produced the records,I did Irma & the Fascinators first,

Larry Clinton's "She Wanted" was recorded in Philly, the Larks is singing background,yes Harthon productions went to Detroit and Recorded 3 songs on the Volcanos. we did "It's Gonna Be A false Alarm" and "Storm Warning" on the Volcanos, I can't remember what we did with the other track. when we went to Detroit to record the songs, we took Carl Fisher the lead singer of the Vibrations with us, we cut the track for the Vibrations, when we got back to Philly we were going to record the vocals and put the record out, That's were everything stoped, I don't remmber what we did with the track......"Laws Of Love" I never heard it...

Hope you enjoyed that......now order the CD thumbup1.gif Jo

Edited by vinylvixen
Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest vinylvixen

perhaps he did that too.........wasn't there another thing in the 7T's with the same title as 'Grooving at the Gogo'....... :thumbsup: I dunno Pete, the memory's going.......Jo

Basically this is the exact same cd that came out in the 90's on Goldmine called Grooving At The Go Go...

Social source share

perhaps he did that too.........wasn't there another thing in the 7T's with the same title as 'Grooving at the Gogo'....... :huh: I dunno Pete, the memory's going.......Jo

Jo were you thinkin of " jumping at the go go" ............... RCA stuff............... Searling did the footnotes for it.................well he was working for em at the time :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert