Paul Capon's New List - List 'y' Is Here

Paul Capon

Email me for a nicely formatted copy of this list

SOUL SALES - LIST 'Y'

PAUL CAPON 26,MEADOWSIDE RD. UPMINSTER ESSEX RM14 3YT

Tel: 01708 501576 Mob:07812 582042

EMAIL: xoversoul'at'ntlworld.com (replace 'at' with @)

PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU WANT EVERY FUTURE LIST EMAILED

(You will guarantee all my future list, whether you buy or not)

All records are M- or EX unless stated.

NEW SOUL BASH

Next dates November 13th & December 11th

JOIN Angelo, Brian the Baker, Ben Summers, 'Jackie Wilson' Charlie & me Paul Capon on the second Sunday of each month

@ The Red Lion - Hoxton Street Hoxton Square London EC2 (nearest tube Old St. / Liverpool St.)

5pm 'till 11pm Playing Crossover, Vampy Northern & loads of 70's FREE ENTRANCE

Quality trades welcome. I can play anything over the phone.

I now take CREDIT CARDS BUT ONLY VIA PAYPAL (costs 3% charges)

Paypal address is pcsoul'at'ntlworld.com (replace 'at' with @)

(BIDPAY also taken)

LIST 'Y' CDs now available:-

CD1 Sales CD - FULL VERSIONS of all items marked 'CD1' = 28 MONSTER TRACKS!!PRICE £4 inc. post. (Hard case - colour insert)

CD2 Sales CD - SAMPLES of all track marked 'CD2' - £1.50 inc post

CD3 Sales CD - SAMPLES of all track marked 'CD2' - £1.50 inc post

Sample CDs contain 1 -2 minute samples of 60+ tracks per cd.

(CDs from previous lists are still available - ask)

IMPORTANT: I use 1st class post to send lists to people that

pay subs or have bought something from the last list.

EVERYONE ELSE WILL REMAIN ON 2ND CLASS.

SUBS = £1.50 for 5 lists please. Foreign £3 for 6 lists.

NEW: Subs inc. 1st class list + sample CD £5 for 3 lists

POSTAGE RATES?- see bottom of list

FIRST UP -7 AUCTION ITEMS - John Manship will be auctioning the following 7 itemsfor me over the next few weeks.

Mail me if there is a specific item you are interested in and I'll let you know when the auction starts and ends. Or keep and eye on his site:- https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/auction/auction_view.htm

No. CD? ARTIST TITLE LABEL £ uk

cd1 J J Barnes Lonely no more / Get a hold of yourself Ultra rare detriot double header Mickay's Manship - BID ex

cd1 Sam Butler 12" I can't get over The ultimate rarity on a 12". I'm only aware of one other copy. SRI Manship - BID M-

cd1 Electric Express Hearsay Crossover monster - I've NEVER seen another copy. Key-Vac Manship - BID vg+

cd1 Carl Hall What about you / Who's gonna love me ULTRA RARE ISSUE. Both sides are FANTASTIC records.ColumbiaISSUE Manship - BID M-

cd1 Otis Jackson Beggin' for a broken heart 'MEGA' rare (sorry!) 70's dancer. Mega Manship - BID M-

cd1 The Montclairs Hey you, Don't fight it AWESOME TUNE - all time favorite of mine - MINT COPY Arch Manship - BID M-

cd1Ogletree Brothers Gonna keep a check on you Monsterous crossover. Has a number of scuffy marks but plays VERY strong VG+ Treetop Manship - BID vg+

CD1 SALES CD = 28 FULL TRACKS - £4 inc post (hard case+colour)

(includes ALL the above tracks + 21 more of the big tunes listed)

SET SALE ITEMS START HERE. QUALITY TRADES POSSIBLE

cd2 100% Pure Poison You keep coming back Great UK only midtempo dancer.Copy looks EX but has about half a dozen needle marks which cause light crackles in places for the first quarter of the record. EMI uk('sample' sticker on B side) 80 vg+

A way of life 12" Trippin on your love Great 90's dance version of Staple Singers. A few surface marks but plays great. Pic sleeve Eterrnal 12" 5 vg+

Barbara Acklin Am I the same girl What an uplifting 60's dancer.Highly recommended. Brunswick(drill hole) 15

Na Allen I was telling her about you Soulfull mid-tempo Janus 15

cd1/ cd2 Na Allen Thanks for nothing TOTAL MONSTER CROSSOVER DANCER. VG+ copy but plays very strong with some light crackles in the first third of the record. Clears to an EX player ATCO dj 150 vg (EX play)

Ambassadors Good love gone bad/I've got to find happiness Two great sides Atlantic iss 30

The Ambers I love you baby /Now I'm in trouble Nothern monster backed with a superb mid-tempo masterpiece. Verve(wol) 25 vg+

cd2 American Gypsy 10,000 miles Lazy dancer that really hooks when the chorus kicks in. I'm suprised this hasn't really taken off - GREAT TRACK - recomm. Chess 9

Joe Anderson You & I 70's dancer - same backing as Bill Summers - 'I can tell' on Soya (this is also on this list) Buddah 20

The Antwans Ain't no love Great version - great dancer Snawtna 25

The Artistics So much love in my heart Classic northern Okeh 25

cd2 Jimmy Beaumont Our day is here Great version of the huge track by J.P.Robinson on Blue Candle Drive 25

The Beck Family I don't know what you're coming to Brill 80's stepper midtempo - recommended Art 30

Madeline Bell Picture me gone / I'm gonna make you love me classic northern Phillips 10

cd2 William Bell The man in the street Superb overlooked track.Recommended Stax 10

Archie Bell & Drells I just want to fall in love Nice group. Mint unplayed Atlantic dj 6

Archie Bell & The Drells LP 'Tighten up' MINT SEALED EXACT REISSUEContains the two MONSTER tracks "1000 Wonders" & "When you left heartaches began" Atlantic 20

cd2 George Benson My woman's good to me Fantastic atmospheric crossover dancer. Nice DJ copy too!(a bit of label lifting on one side) A&M dj 40

Big Jim's Border Crosing You're good for me girl Zanzee dj 15 vg+

cd2 J.B. Bingham She's gone J'B's other release on UA. Builder with a fantastic chorus. UA dj 20

Bob & Gene It won't go left field 70's mid tempo Modo 30

cd2 The Bobbettes It's all over / Happy go lucky me Northern double header. Recently seen for well over £100. RCA Victor dj 75

cd2 Angela Bofill What I wouldn't do (for the love of you) Classic late 70's steppy dancer Arista dj 8

Bottom & Co. Spread the news midtempo from the 'Gonna find a true love' people Motown dj 20

cd1 BPS Revolution Brotherly love SUPERB crossover dancer.One to watch Jewel 100

Brass Construction Movin' classic tune!! UA 10

Brief Encounter Crazy about you / We're going to make it midtempo 70s Seventy 7 8

cd2 Charles Brimmer This feeling is in my heart Superb crossover. Broadmoor 80

cd2 Ramona Brooks Skinny Dippin Quality classic stepper Manhattan 20

cd1 Brothers of Love Check my love / You changed me Superb group crossover from 1969. B side is also good - strong beat/northern soul. Mike Terry arrangement & Jessie James production - need I say more!!!!! Blue Rock 75

cd2 Brothers of Soul Dream / Candy 'Dream' - classic Bridges/Knight production. Superb version of The Creations on Zodiac Shock 40

cd2 Brothers of Soul Come on back classic northern. VG copy that plays really strong with some crackles. WOL. Boo 45 vg

Alex Brown What would you do without someone to love From the lady that brought you 'I'm not responsible' on SUNDI. Great crossover (small writing on label) Tangerine(TRC) 15

CD2 & CD3 = SAMPLE CDs £1.50 each inc post - 60+ tracks per cd

NEW: Subs inc. 1st class list + sample CD(s) £5 for 3 lists

James Brown People wake up and live / Give me some skin Great soul side which is prettyunlike most of his stuff. Ace funk side on the B side Polydor 20

cd2 Larry Brown Breaking training Great modern dancer Fireworks 125

cd2 Maxine Brown Seems you've forsaken my love Ballad & then some - off the 'Out of sight' LPTOTALLY RECOMMENDED Epic dj 20

cd2 Maxine Brown Let me give you my lovin' FANTASTIC 60's - highly recommended. Another bliind buy if you don't know this. Wand 40

Nappy Brown Coal miner early R&B Savoy 35 vg

Norman Brown Everybody likes it ace modern dancer Sound Town 30

cd2 Richard Brown Sweet and kind Good under-rated old Stafford spin Steeltown Inc. 15

cd2 Willie Brown Love that stranger Lovely left field mid-pacer with haunting vibes.Ben Summers has been championing this one at our recent gigs. Tri-It

Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!