Dean Parrish At Hove Last Night

The old crooner still belts out a good tune :wicked: Steve Csordas' set at the end of the evening was absolutely superb only marred by the stupid twat that kept dancing around me till I had to physically push him back across the floor only to be met with a quip of ''you're the only gay in the village'' - so, because I didn't accept his advances he must have though I was gay LOL. Stupid arse.

Anyway, all in all, had a super evening and judging from the applause from the crowd, so did everyone else :wicked:

post-19-1131273938_thumb.jpg

Edited by Soulgirl
  • Replies 13
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

HE COULD B THE NEXT TONI CHRISTIE :wicked:

REMINDS ME .ON A STREET IN EDINBURGH THERES A ROADSIDE SIGN 4 THE LOCAL CHURCH,ITS CALLED,U GUEST IT DEAN PARISH.ALWAYS BEEN MEANING 2 BORROW IT.SOMDAY(WHEN ITS DARK,ILL GO IN THE CONFFESION BOX 4 A FEW HELL MARYS 1ST4 MY SINS,B IN THERE ALL NITE)AHMEN :wicked:

The old crooner still belts out a good tune :D Steve Csordas' set at the end of the evening was absolutely superb only marred by the stupid twat that kept dancing around me till I had to physically push him back across the floor only to be met with a quip of ''you're the only gay in the village'' - so, because I didn't accept his advances he must have though I was gay LOL. Stupid arse.

Anyway, all in all, had a super evening and judging from the applause from the crowd, so did everyone else :P

Great to see you last night Karen......... :yes:

Got to agree a really good night Dean Parrish was great and a reasonably good crowd, great to hear all the DJs last night, they got me up dancing quite a bit........... :wicked::wicked:

Linda

A thoroughly enjoyable night and a venue to die for. Met some interesting new people and the promoters did a great job.

Dean was superb as usual.

The venue though.................I didn't think there were venues like that on the South Coast!!

Die is an appropriate word there Steve.. it's being demolished apparently - making way for a nice new apartement block.

Did I already say the best bit of the night was Csordas' set? :unsure:

Edited by Soulgirl

Die is an appropriate word there Steve.. it's being demolished apparently - making way for a nice new apartement block.

Did I already say the best bit of the night was Csordas' set? blush.gif

Thank you Karen. x

Glad it went well for the whole weekend Paddy :D

:angry: I agree tah for the Excellent welcome given to me when I came to The King Alfred Leisure centre.

Overall I was a little disapointed with the evening as apart from A couple of club classics and an Instrumental of a very popular Supremes track performed by the Funk Bros it was a lot of classic oldies and not much removed from a normal run of the mill night,Soulgirl and the Woons smiling Soulgirl wondering who the fat guy with the beard was,The Sound System which started of So crisp ,but by the time Dean Came on was turned up to a level that distorted what was an excellent night causing Deans Mic TO feedback flashing Disco lights which I can go along to any night club to have me eyes and pics distorted aah talking of pics lost 36 of me camera so cannot post up any of the Brighton Gig very disapointing.Saw an old friend hadnt seen in 5 555 years,so it seems and to top it all Sunday am leaving the Hotel it Pi**ed it down so never saw the beach thought I was back at Cleethorpes.

Thanks for the welcome people of Brighton hope you can get more in next time you do A promotion Dean loved performing for you,

Doug

ranting_1.gif:D

Guest Kitchengroove

The Sound System which started of So crisp ,but by the time Dean Came on was turned up to a level that distorted what was an excellent night causing Deans Mic TO feedback.

Yeh, the sound was repeatedley increased leaving my ears ringing for the next day, but it was still a great night and you should see the venue when it's packed 300+ I've had some great classic soul nights there in the past.

Hopefully Pat will use the venue again and it won't clash with other happenings and we'll see a few more punters.

As an aside you should see the proposed architects design that will replace it, he must have been reading the nursery rhyme "There was a crooked Man" to his kids and then went back to work. I can guess what it will look like after a few years battering from the sea winds (crap!). Anyway nothing's been approved yet so we'll still be able to dance on for at least another year hopefully.

:angry: I agree tah for the Excellent welcome given to me when I came to The King Alfred Leisure centre.

Overall I was a little disapointed with the evening as apart from A couple of club classics and an Instrumental of a very popular Supremes track performed by the Funk Bros it was a lot of classic oldies and not much removed from a normal run of the mill night,Soulgirl and the Woons smiling Soulgirl wondering who the fat guy with the beard was,The Sound System which started of So crisp ,but by the time Dean Came on was turned up to a level that distorted what was an excellent night causing Deans Mic TO feedback flashing Disco lights which I can go along to any night club to have me eyes and pics distorted aah talking of pics lost 36 of me camera so cannot post up any of the Brighton Gig very disapointing.Saw an old friend hadnt seen in 5 555 years,so it seems and to top it all Sunday am leaving the Hotel it Pi**ed it down so never saw the beach thought I was back at Cleethorpes.

Thanks for the welcome people of Brighton hope you can get more in next time you do A promotion Dean loved performing for you,

Doug

:D:D

Have to say mate that I had people coming up for Jimmy Mac (not the Palmer one), R Dean Taylor and 7 days and getting annoyed coz I didn't have them and I took an oldies play box coz that was the type of audience I was expecting. With the Brighton posse threatening to hijack the decks if I played anything other how could I not ranting_1.gif

..by the time Dean Came on was turned up to a level that distorted what was an excellent night causing Deans Mic TO feedback..

Have to hold my hands up and admit to cranking the volume up ever-so-slightly -old habits die hard for ex-House DJs :thumbsup: Personally thought the atmosphere needed a slight boost, although admittedly it's hard to know when you're behind the speakers as to when levels begin to distort. That's when a floating sound guy comes in useful.. :P As for the mic feedback, think you'll find it had more to do with the close proximity of the PA speakers which were picking up returned, inaudible frequencies.. :wicked:

All said and done, I thoroughly enjoyed the evening and Mr Parrish's performance was a class act :shhh:

The old crooner still belts out a good tune :D Steve Csordas' set at the end of the evening was absolutely superb only marred by the stupid twat that kept dancing around me till I had to physically push him back across the floor only to be met with a quip of ''you're the only gay in the village'' - so, because I didn't accept his advances he must have though I was gay LOL. Stupid arse.

Anyway, all in all, had a super evening and judging from the applause from the crowd, so did everyone else :D

Must be your hair and butch muscles [you than male or lady ?mot made me mind up yet ] xx

span :D:Dwhistling.gif:shhh:

Must be your hair and butch muscles [you than male or lady ?mot made me mind up yet ] xx

span :D:):D:(

got stop drinking me spelling lol :D

Source Advert