Sammy Davis Jnr-i Like The Way You Dance

Bigsoulman

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Been haggling with a mate over this record, this one is an Italian pic sleeve and the record is near mint, any ideas guys and gals?

:thumbsup:Lenny

evening mr t

there was a copy on ebay about a month ago,starting at about £5, dont know if it sold

but i think it was either an italian or french copy with picture sleeve.

originally found by alan bonthrone in sammy burns shop in prestonpans

hard to find on british but they do seem to appear on french labels quite regularly with ps

seen them sell up here for £100.on british united artist.

alan sold his copy to bruce who went on to make this a huge dancer in the late 70s

after many years of searching he got himself a french copy and kept it for old times sake

brian from bonnyrigg had been after it for ages and had offered alan £150 i think, but a deal was struck

at £100 .

rather reluctantly the record was handed over on the friday night before a bonnyrigg on the saturday.

alan and margaret went to glasgow shopping on the saturday, alan seeing that there was a record fair

on . went to investigate.

and the 5th record in the second box he looked in was ?

sammy davis jnr. :yes::no:

jolly

oops . worth £30 £40 mibby, possibly, might be, near it.

jolly

Edited by Jolly
Social source share

evening mr t

there was a copy on ebay about a month ago,starting at about £5, dont know if it sold

but i think it was either an italian or french copy with picture sleeve.

originally found by alan bonthrone in sammy burns shop in prestonpans

hard to find on british but they do seem to appear on french labels quite regularly with ps

seen them sell up here for £100.on british united artist.

alan sold his copy to bruce who went on to make this a huge dancer in the late 70s

after many years of searching he got himself a french copy and kept it for old times sake

brian from bonnyrigg had been after it for ages and had offered alan £150 i think, but a deal was struck

at £100 .

rather reluctantly the record was handed over on the friday night before a bonnyrigg on the saturday.

alan and margaret went to glasgow shopping on the saturday, alan seeing that there was a record fair

on . went to investigate.

and the 5th record in the second box he looked in was ?

sammy davis jnr. :no::D

jolly

oops . worth £30 £40 mibby, possibly, might be, near it.

jolly

Thanks Jolly,

well i've bought a copy for 70 :yes: so dunno if its good or bad, still its in me box now so i'm happy :no:

Lenny :thumbsup:

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Found a copy of this on US United Artists - anyone know the current value for this?

thanks

Jon

hi jon

not that well known outside of scotland i dont think, and not a soul record as such, just the most perfectly

timed record to assault the dance floor to.with all that high kickin.back droppin,box splittin fancy stuff we all did, about five stone ago. dont think its a rare record just bloody hard to find.

i think £30, seen it sell up here for over a £100. a british demo .but they do seem to be turning up more frequently now.

put it up for auction see what you get.

jol

Social source share

Thanks Jol,

Bought it blind for $4, will probably end up putting in on ebay.. I agree, it's a good record but no really northern, the hammond organ's a bit manic in parts.

There's a bit in the middle when I'm sure Sammy Davis say's "Cor blimey!", although I could be mistaken!!

Jon

hi jon

this was played at wigan, in mr Ms by bruce hanning in about 1980.

good chance it will be a scot that buys it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert