45cellar

• Replies 17
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

:hatsoff2: Hi All This is one of the classic records on the UK Acton Label, and a rare example of a skeleton A DEMO, very hard to find under £100 these days :g:

Below is one of the most popular records that got a UKK release. sold so many copies it could have been a top 5 hit, however the sales of this record were never recognised as it sold poorly in London :rofl: DAVE

post-13241-0-50434500-1326602215_thumb.jpost-13241-0-48530500-1326602245_thumb.j post-13241-0-99836800-1326602865_thumb.j

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

Just out of intrest and could anyone confirm, if the one sided disc on Virtue of "I'll Be There" is the same exact song Eddie recorded on ABC ?

Thank you.

Social source share

"I'm Not Gonna Give Up" was probably his best performance, in my opinion.

And just because it's handy, here's a scan of the flip side...

post-3850-0-90547400-1326665684_thumb.jp

Paul

Social source share

Guest Lorenzo1950

I'm Counting Every Tear is a great B side. Never knew he started recording at age 16. Saw a video from several years ago and Eddie sounded just as good as ever. He nailed the song and received a standing ovation.

Social source share

The best part about "hey there lonely girl" is trying to sing along (when it comes on the radio or wherever) with the ridiculous falsetto and sounding like an ass. Especially in a public place.

I never ever see "I surrender" btw, I got a beat up copy once. I don't even really see copies for sale here. Is it really that rare?

Social source share

The best part about "hey there lonely girl" is trying to sing along (when it comes on the radio or wherever) with the ridiculous falsetto and sounding like an ass. Especially in a public place.

I never ever see "I surrender" btw, I got a beat up copy once. I don't even really see copies for sale here. Is it really that rare?

Social source share

Have seen a few copies over the years of "Isurrender" wouldent have thaught that it is all that rare,if prices are anything to go by £40-£80 a great tune and was big at Wigan circa 79/80 for Dave Evison and a firm fav of mine cant remember if he sang this at a Morecambe allniter 80s live, but he certainly sang "This could be a night to remember" recall it lasting about ten minutes or more Great night good memories.

Social source share

Bob, there are probably more copies of I Surrender on this side of the pond!, it used to be cheap on ABC, a pal of mine had at least 5x25 count boxes back in the late 70's.

Edited by Tony Smith
Social source share

• 8 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!