Rsg-christmas Special

Guest SHAUN BYRNES

Guest SHAUN BYRNES

YO- HO -HO ,ALL :D

WELL IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN FOLKS blush.gif RSG 16th DEC(Christmas Special) WHEN ALL THE CLASSICS WILL BE PLAYED, SO IF YOU'RE PLANNING ON COMING BE WARNED BECAUSE YOU WILL BE DANCING whistling.gif

ME & JON WILL BE ARRIVING ON SLEDGE PULLED BY REINDEER :D WAYNE IS STILL COMING IN HIS LIMO, APPARENTLY TOO COLD FOR HIS HELICOPTER :lol: (OH TO BE SO RICH) :wicked:

ON THIS FESTIVE NIGHT THE RSG DREAM TEAM :P WILL BE JOINED BY

MARK BICKNELL (SOLAR RADIO) :wicked:

ADAM (70'S & MODERN SOUL GURU) whistling.gif

LOVE & MERRY CHRISTMAS KISSES TO ALL XXXX

SHAUN "B"

7.30-1.00am (free entry before 4pm)

P.S,GOT MY PHIL SPECTOR-CHRISTMAS ALBUM,READY FOR REQUESTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Edited by SHAUN BYRNES
  • Replies 36
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Dr Pickles

This is a big weekend for us in Herts with two of the main soul clubs running one after the other. RSG on Friday and Talk Of The South on Saturday. So great to see all the local promoters in this area supporting each others nights and avoiding clashes.gallery_1774_234_4343.gif

This is a gem of a venue. Big, big, big wooden dance floor. Nice stage area at one end. Alcove seating, cheap bar and loads of parking. With the DJ line up this promises to be the start of great weekend.

Jon there will be quite a few of us coming along on Friday. whistling.gif

We will be arriving early to take advantage of the "free entry before 4pm".

Doc

This is a big weekend for us in Herts with two of the main soul clubs running one after the other. RSG on Friday and Talk Of The South on Saturday. So great to see all the local promoters in this area supporting each others nights and avoiding clashes.

Edited by jonbuck
Guest SHAUN BYRNES

HI ALL, :shades:

AS FOR THE FREE BUFFET :shades: , JON'S A QUALIFIED CHEF :thumbsup: BUT I'AM JUST A ROUGH HANDED BRICKLAYER :shades: SO I'LL BE DON'ING MY PINNY FOR A FEW WARMED UPPED VOL-EN-VONS,SAUSAGE ROLLS :shades: .YOU GET THE PICTURE!

I THINK I MIGHT HAVE TO GET THE WIFE TO GIVE ME A HAND :D

SEE YOU THERE-POPPITS

Ok i'm all set records soughted, tooth brush packed, so looking forward to this one, can't wait to see a few of the old faces, bringing a few old friends with me like Bobby Kline, Four Tracks, Cashmeres, Volumes, Falcons, Joann Courcy, Star Treks, Elbie Parker, Jimmy Burns, Jimmy Wallace, Constellations, Deligates Of Soul, Pat And The Blenders, Curly Moore, Steve Mancha, Rufus Wood, Patti Austin and a few good ones...lol

See you at the bar - Regards Mark Bicknell

Ok i'm all set records soughted, tooth brush packed, so looking forward to this one, can't wait to see a few of the old faces, bringing a few old friends with me like Bobby Kline, Four Tracks, Cashmeres, Volumes, Falcons, Joann Courcy, Star Treks, Elbie Parker, Jimmy Burns, Jimmy Wallace, Constellations, Deligates Of Soul, Pat And The Blenders, Curly Moore, Steve Mancha, Rufus Wood, Patti Austin and a few good ones...lol

Yummy :thumbsup:

Guest Gavin Page

Like you are going to be fit to do anything when I am done with ya :thumbsup: Ha :unsure:

Guest Gavin Page

A CHARITY PANTOMIME IN AID OF PARANOID SCHIZOPHRENICS DESCENDED INTO CHAOS YESTERDAY WHEN SOMEONE SHOUTED 'HE'S BEHIND YOU' :thumbsup::unsure:blush.gif:P

Edited by Gavin Page
Guest Dr Pickles

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS WEEKEND RSG AND LUTON THATS IF I CAN GET ACROSS TO THE DOCS HOUSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although only a mile away from the depot at Hemel we got a little burnt around the edges but the house is still standing.

"Can you smell petrol?????" :thumbsup::unsure:

hellfighters_cover.jpg

Get yourself over here on Friday night.

Doc

Or The Marvellows - Something's Burning - Loma, Burning Bush - Keeps On Burning - Mercury....lol bad joke sorry, i'll get my coat....and see you at the bar Friday........How about Jimmy Mack - My World Is On Fire - Palmer....yes i'll get my coat before i get in hot water, sorry i mean cold, sorry oh dear...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Guest SHAUN BYRNES

LATEST NEWS!

APPARENTLY JON'S JUST FINISTED COOKING FOOD FOR OUR BUFFET!! :D

HE STARTED HIS BAR-BE-QUE SUNDAY(SAID IT WAS GOING WELL!!) blush.gif

ALL THE SAUSAGE ROLLS ARE DONE-JUST WAITING FOR THE FIREMEN TO GET OUT OF THE WAY, :wicked: THEN HIS GOING BACK TO BUNFIELDS TO GET HIS JACKET POTATO'S OUT!!!!!! :wicked:

HEMEL IS THE HOTEST PLACE TO BE!!!!!!!!!!! :wicked:

FINISTED BUNFIELDS

Shaun, Your Spelling is Atrocious ! FINISHED & BUNCEFIELD ????

& How did you know I worked @ Buncefield ???? Back in the 70's when I was a Chef @ BP's Head Office in Hemel, We had to look after the Canteen for the BP Drivers @ Buncefield, as they had a separate Canteen from all the other Driver's, Me & my mate Billy Marmion had the pleasure of entertaining the Troops @ Buncefield, in a way it was just like being in the Army....Anyway The Buffet for Friday is nothing special just Sausage Rolls, Cocktail Sausages & Mince Pie, Nuts & Raisins & a few other bits, Just a Few Festive Nibbles.... Plenty for you Mark ....I only hope the Banbury Crowd don't out do our Spread, as they are bringing there own Buffet along......

JB

Edited by jonbuck

& How did you know I worked @ Buncefield ???? Back in the 70's when I was a Chef @ BP's Head Office in Hemel, We had to look after the Canteen for the BP Drivers @ Buncefield, as they had a separate Canteen from all the other Driver's, Me & my mate Billy Marmion had the pleasure of entertaining the Troops @ Buncefield, in a way it was just like being in the Army....Anyway The Buffet for Friday is nothing special just Sausage Rolls, Cocktail Sausages & Mince Pie, Nuts & Raisins & a few other bits, Just a Few Festive Nibbles.... Plenty for you Mark ....I only hope the Banbury Crowd don't out do our Spread, as they are bringing there own Buffet along......

JB

Good company, good music and a buffet...sounds the perfect way to spend a festive soulful Friday night...see u all in twenty four hours or so.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

As Reggie said last nite, no one can do a bar b que quite as good as Hemel!! :yes::D

Guest Andy Kempster

JB

you'll have to send me a doggy bag home with the arlesey massive. won't be able to make it tonight i'm afraid but hope it goes well and see you all soon.

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS WEEKEND RSG AND LUTON THATS IF I CAN GET ACROSS TO THE DOCS HOUSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kay

I don't know if things will be different Friday night but M10 & M1 Junction 8 Closed, Although the M1 is open no Entry or Exit from Junction 8....If they keep the M1 Junction @ Hemel over the weekend we will have to go Redbourn way to Luton

JB

Kay

I don't know if things will be different Friday night but M10 & M1 Junction 8 Closed, Although the M1 is open no Entry or Exit from Junction 8....If they keep the M1 Junction @ Hemel over the weekend we will have to go Redbourn way to Luton

JB

I just hope the trains are running from Manchester, i'm sure it will be a pleasant journey......see you all in a few hours....let's do it.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Guest SHAUN BYRNES

CHEERS MARTIN, LOV YOU!!! :)

DON'T FORGET THAT R&B C.D :( (ONLY JOKING)I NEED EDUCATING-AM GETTING TO THAT AGE NOW-TOO OLD TO DANCE TO THE GOOD STUFF!!!!

BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO TURNED UP-BIG KISSES

& TO MR BICKNELL-ADAM

Thanks to everyone who attended, really enjoyed the night, special thanks to Gavin Page, Pablo...you could have knocked me down like a feather when i saw him...fantastic, nice to see all the Banbury crowd, Little Annie xxxxxx, Jenny Knight, Alan Eames, Woody, Adam, Graham Hilsden, Paul Dunn, big shout to Eddie Hubbard thanks for the lift to the gig mate from Banbury station and special thanks to Charlie and Shirley for putting me up. special thanks to Jon and Sue Buck, Shaun and everyone else, great venue...oh and Jon i never fell asleep in the toilet mate it was the dressing room at New Century...lol

See you soon, happy christmas - Mark Bicknell.

Some of the tunes i can remember playing -

Deligates Of Soul - I'll Come Running Back - Up Look

Constellations - I Don't Know About You - Gemini Star

Johnny Rodgers With The Nu - Tones - Make A Change - Amon

Joann Courcy - I Got The Power - Twirl

Elbie Parker - Please Keep Away From Me - Veep

Bobby Kline - Say Something Nice Toe Me - MB

Jimmy Burns - I Really Love You - Erica

George Blackwell - Can't Lose My Head - Smoke

Martell's - Where Can My Baby Be - A-La-Carte

Patti Austin - I've Given All My Love To You - Coral

Four Tracks - Like My Love For You - Mandingo

Cashmeres - Show Stopper - Hem

Al Wilson - Help Me - Wand

Troy Todds - Try My Love - El Camino

Jimmy Wallace - I'll Be Back - Alpha

and a few others that i just can't remember...lol

Thanks to everyone who attended, really enjoyed the night, special thanks to Gavin Page, Pablo...you could have knocked me down like a feather when i saw him...fantastic, nice to see all the Banbury crowd, Little Annie xxxxxx, Jenny Knight, Alan Eames, Woody, Adam, Graham Hilsden, Paul Dunn, big shout to Eddie Hubbard thanks for the lift to the gig mate from Banbury station and special thanks to Charlie and Shirley for putting me up. special thanks to Jon and Sue Buck, Shaun and everyone else, great venue...oh and Jon i never fell asleep in the toilet mate it was the dressing room at New Century...lol

See you soon, happy christmas - Mark Bicknell.

Some of the tunes i can remember playing -

Deligates Of Soul - I'll Come Running Back - Up Look

Constellations - I Don't Know About You - Gemini Star

Johnny Rodgers With The Nu - Tones - Make A Change - Amon

Joann Courcy - I Got The Power - Twirl

Elbie Parker - Please Keep Away From Me - Veep

Bobby Kline - Say Something Nice Toe Me - MB

Jimmy Burns - I Really Love You - Erica

George Blackwell - Can't Lose My Head - Smoke

Martell's - Where Can My Baby Be - A-La-Carte

Patti Austin - I've Given All My Love To You - Coral

Four Tracks - Like My Love For You - Mandingo

Cashmeres - Show Stopper - Hem

Al Wilson - Help Me - Wand

Troy Todds - Try My Love - El Camino

Jimmy Wallace - I'll Be Back - Alpha

and a few others that i just can't remember...lol

Mark,

Great to see you mate, cracking tunes, sorry had to leave before end, but early start Sat.

Will look forward to Bisley, 25th Feb, might well turn into a heavy night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jon & Sue, good night again, looking fwd to Jan, should be a good one. Also its Bridgets birthday that day, so Roland etc will be down.

See you soon,

Alan

Yeah! Pablo! Couldn't quite believe it myself altho Jon has thankfully put photographic evidence in the Gallery! So, I know I wasn't dreaming! Was also nice to see Wayne and have a catch up.

It was a great night, fantastic venue and really easy to get too. Shame there weren't more people there. Will deffo be back next year! It was lovely to see Sue again too.

Hope to see you soon Mark, love to the family.

Annie x

Source Advert