Ollie Mclaughlin Label Instrumentals Needed

Guest Mark Hanson

Guest Mark Hanson

Matt Lucas is going to record a tribute to the group of labels Matt was once part of owned by his dear friend Ollie McLaughlin.

What he needs is backing tracks to songs made famous on the northern scene that also have Vocals (for example Rosemary What Happened, I belong To You / The Gallop, Dancing A Whole In The World). I have the obvious ones that Grapevine kindly gave us in the late 70s, but he hopes to get enough to make a Album and maybe some promos on 7 inch vinyl prior.

He intends to record them with my long standing friend, one John Rhys in LA later in the year.

So if anyone has any quality backing tracks to any issued soul 45s 60s or 70s from the Moira, Karen, Carla etc.(Especially "you better go-go" track) Labels please contact me so we can arrange getting the tracks on to a format Matt can work with.

This idea is not meant at making any "taylor made" tracks, but so Matt can put together a show to bring to the UK and Europe scenes. Matt only had 6 or so Soul outings and only a few were played on the scene.

Sorry for going on but I want to make it clear he doesn't intend making out the tracks were from the 60s, what with "Shake It" coming out.

Hope that's clear and thanks in advance.

Mark

Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'm not clear on what he intends to do with the tracks. I have met him and like him and would like to support him, though. Could you please explain this a little more clearly? If he's not making "tailor-made" versions of songs over the original backing tracks, why wouldn't a vocal version suffice for learning the material?

Thanks,

Matt

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert