Rare Jamaican/west Indian Soul Rarities

Thought I'd give you guys a chance at these first (as I take the pictures in sections, and soul was the first down) before I put out my list tomorrow around noon-ish:

What Bag I'm In - Richard Stoute (Trex vg+/vg+ GRADING M-, VG++, VG+, VG, VG-) starts slow then burns to the end. Storming late 60's soul tune from accomplished Bajan singer $325 US

richardstoute_whatbagimin45.JPG

Candi's Them (The Sunshine of Your Smile) - Wayne St John (SGP vg++/vg++) more modern fare from 1975 courtesy of the man who brought you "Stand Up (Baby)" (as Saint John) $125

LEt's Stay Together - Thunder Lightning and Rain (Dash mint-/mint-) gorgeous soul instrumental cover courtesy of Little Beaver and his Miami entourage OFFERS

thunderlightningandrain45.JPG

Work Your Soul - Tommy McCook and the Supersonice (vg++/vg++ Treasure Isle blank !!!!! first test pressing) title track off Trojan's Northern comp - nice Melodians TIsle pice on the A side OFFERS

tommymccook_workyoursoulblank45.JPG

Come On Baby - Norma Frazer (Randy's vg/vg) Has some surface noise, but this 45 is as thick as a 78. A absolutely essential female ska burner $75

normafrazer_comeonebaby45.JPG

If I Were You - The Paragons (vg++/vg++ MErritone blank FED 7055) Again, a rare Jamaican uptempo soul/R&B shot from 1967 which would make a seamless mix with LLoyd and Glen's "Mini Skirts and Go Go Boots" (which I've also sold a couple times) OFFERS

Humpty Dumpty - Phyllis Dillon (Cool Soul vg++/vg++) IF you can see a trend catching on here, it is. Late 60's funky R&B thanks to this esteemed female Jamaican vocalist $100

phyllisdillon_humptydumpty45.JPG

Ten To One - Mad Lads (Coxson vg+/vg+) this ones has a reggae swing, but Soul Jazz thought enough to include it on their Studio 1 set. Harmony's kill it on this. $45

%7Boption%7Dhttps://www3.sympatico.ca/jasonofshaft/refresh/madlads_tentoone45.JPG

Thinking of You - BLues Buster (Lion vg/vg) Again, a reggae swing to this which may turn the straight folk off - but some soulful vocals to make up for it. $20

Here's a unknown from a Canadian reggae label. Don't be afraid to listen though, this is one of the best mid 70's soul tunes i've ever heard. You're lucky I found 2 (at the singers house!) OFFERS

Also taking offers on this premium slab of Cleveland soul

https://www3.sympatico.ca/jasonofshaft/refr...formybaby45.JPG

Please feel freee to ask any questions at soufriere1@yahoo.com

Thanks, Kevin in Canada.

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 7
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Ten To One - Mad Lads (Coxson vg+/vg+) this ones has a reggae swing, but Soul Jazz thought enough to include it on their Studio 1 set. Harmony's kill it on this. $45

madlads_tentoone45.JPG

Thinking of You - BLues Buster (Lion vg/vg) Again, a reggae swing to this which may turn the straight folk off - but some soulful vocals to make up for it. $20

Here's a unknown from a Canadian reggae label. Don't be afraid to listen though, this is one of the best mid 70's soul tunes i've ever heard. You're lucky I found 2 (at the singers house!) OFFERS

Also taking offers on this premium slab of Cleveland soul

fourwonders_justlookingformybaby45.JPG

Please feel freee to ask any questions at soufriere1@yahoo.com

Thanks, Kevin in Canada.

Edited by soufriere1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!