Dilemma

Julianb

A mate of mine played George Blackwell - Can't lose my head last night to which I replied 'didn't know you had this'

He replies 'yes, got it about 18 months ago, it's an original of course'

Well, I ask to look at it and it has a monarch pressing mark and number starting with a '1' - which makes it around 1974/75 I believe. No fancy 'b' in the deadwax.

Should I tell him he's been deceived or should I keep my peace? :g:

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Julian

• Helpful 1
Social source share

if its a boot you should tell him , if he bought it from a reputable dealer then there may be some sort of compensation although it has been a while since he bought it , if he has been ripped off by someone he should know as he may purchase other items from the seller in the future and you would want him to make sure he was not being ripped off

you could buy him a copy of the latest price guide with the bootleg guide in for xmas :)

Social source share

Tell him Julian , that could save him some embarrassment mate :thumbsup: , although slightly off topic and just to contradict what I just put, a good mate of mine who used to occasionally come to do's with us 30 years ago had a Record mounted and framed for my birthday about 15 years ago. The record is AL GREEN - GET YOURSELF TOGETHER - HOT LINE ???? and it's beautifully mounted with an a black & white autographed piccy of Marvin Gaye !!! and the autograph isn't even Marvin Gayes or Al Greens , see my mate most weeks for a beer and still haven't had the heart to tell him :lol:

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

A mate of mine played George Blackwell - Can't lose my head last night to which I replied 'didn't know you had this'

Well, I ask to look at it and it has a monarch pressing mark and number starting with a '1' - which makes it around 1974/75 I believe. No fancy 'b' in the deadwax.

Cheers

Julian

If it was me Julian I would like to know the truth........ :facepalm: I'd be gutted but better that than the embarrassment of playing a Boot!! Thinking it to be real............ :( Just my humble opinion Mind You. Atb John.

Social source share

Cheers

Julian

Well he probably knows now if he comes on here. I'd tell him anyway - he's your mate you said.

Social source share

If it was me Julian I would like to know the truth........ :facepalm: I'd be gutted but better that than the embarrassment of playing a Boot!! Thinking it to be real............ :( Just my humble opinion Mind You. Atb John.

Its never stopped you playing them before John. :lol:
Social source share

although had a little eddie taylor - on peacock i had a good time

was told it was a boot by a mate

kept it a year then he bought it off my for 10-00 - lot of money then for a boot

found out later it was the orig - dont know where he is now -- or else i would give him the tenner back

and re home it back here

Social source share

Update on this.

Summonded up the courage to speak to my mate about this to inform him it is a boot - he replies 'yes, I know, I was just checking to see if you knew what you're talking about!!!!!!!'

BASTARD :D

Please let me know who it was, so I can shake the man by the hand

and buy him a pint.

Just had a guy asking me whether that PPI you sold him is kosher

or not :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kegsy

Social source share

Guest ScooterNik

Update on this.

Summonded up the courage to speak to my mate about this to inform him it is a boot - he replies 'yes, I know, I was just checking to see if you knew what you're talking about!!!!!!!'

BASTARD :D

Absolutely brilliant, done up like the proverbial kipper.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!