Will Collins - Anything I Can Do

Guest Matt Male

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just went for £270 on ebay. Would that be about right then? Seemed a bit much to me. I stopped at £220.

Matt

£400. on another ongoing auction.

Phil.

Social source share

Guest Soulfood33

£2 from soul bowl in 1981, also £1.50 from the soul bar at St Ivo Alldayers in 1981. Everyone I knew back then had a copy. There really are literally thousands of them. But as we all know through...through the passage of time ....demand .... bla blah etc.. Sometimes it just needs to be kept in perspective. You probably will have to wait a bit, but I think £150 really is plenty enough for this one. It is a real classic, frowned upon by the 60s hardcore at the time, but you gotta give it to Sam and Richard they stuck with it, and here hence the iconic oldie it is today.

PS - And besides, the chicks love it!! Okay appologies in advance, but its true. Might be the reason why its so indemand, after all it is the women that rule the world...and have all the buying power (another reality that some of us men are just beginning to realise, albeit its been like that for centuries, we've just been to thick skinned to realise it up till now!!!).

PPS - Whats the definition of a NEW man by the way??? Now I know my old man is my dad or in the case of a woman, her husband... but a NEW man??? Duh!!

Back to the JD and coke to celebrate a great hit in the US! And might I add, just heard Shirley Edwards played in a bar, you could have knocked me over with a feather.

TOP TIP - The Royal Cinders on Hip Time.

:thumbsup:

Tell us about your big hit in the US. Can we start with how you felt when you found the 2 Magnetics at the Baltimore record fair.. both mint..wow! now that was really something. 'Cause nobody at that fair can confirm the "Find".Greg T & Greg S think it's "b*llsh*t" did you have too many JD & cokes? I drank too much orange juice last night, but I found 5 copies of Frank Wilson in my fridge....must check the bread bin.
Social source share

Guest Soul Sid

£2 from soul bowl in 1981, also £1.50 from the soul bar at St Ivo Alldayers in 1981. Everyone I knew back then had a copy. There really are literally thousands of them. But as we all know through...through the passage of time ....demand .... bla blah etc.. Sometimes it just needs to be kept in perspective. You probably will have to wait a bit, but I think £150 really is plenty enough for this one. It is a real classic, frowned upon by the 60s hardcore at the time, but you gotta give it to Sam and Richard they stuck with it, and here hence the iconic oldie it is today.

PS - And besides, the chicks love it!! Okay appologies in advance, but its true. Might be the reason why its so indemand, after all it is the women that rule the world...and have all the buying power (another reality that some of us men are just beginning to realise, albeit its been like that for centuries, we've just been to thick skinned to realise it up till now!!!).

PPS - Whats the definition of a NEW man by the way??? Now I know my old man is my dad or in the case of a woman, her husband... but a NEW man??? Duh!!

Back to the JD and coke to celebrate a great hit in the US! And might I add, just heard Shirley Edwards played in a bar, you could have knocked me over with a feather.

TOP TIP - The Royal Cinders on Hip Time.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Soul Sid

The same could be said about numerous 45 s.I remember paying £5.00 for Frank Dell -h e broke your game- vali8se of dave raistrick in 1982 and £15.00 for the Inspirations-YOur wish is my command-Midas, £10.00 for Lee Andrews- Ive had it-Crimson issue. but i always say if you think something is too expensive dont buy it.Cheers. soul Sid :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert