Betty Lavette - Interview

Guest Martin Coleman

Guest Martin Coleman

There was a short interview with Betty Lavette broadcast on National Public Radio yesterday. If anyone is interested it can be heard at https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5246297

I quite enjoyed it, despite the interviewer repeatedly saying that Betty had been completely forgotten for the last 30 years! Who by? Not us. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Martin Coleman
Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

There was a short interview with Betty Lavette broadcast on National Public Radio yesterday. If anyone is interested it can be heard at https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5246297

I quite enjoyed it, despite the interviewer repeatedly saying that Betty had been completely forgotten for the last 30 years! Who by? Not us. :huh:

I interviewd her before her gig in Blackpool at the Winter gardens- Sunglasses on in the hotel lounge. thumbsup.gif She was very cagey and said that the music industry owed her nothing but Money!

Got distinct feeling that she was jealous of others who had made it!

Social source share

Guest Martin Coleman

I interviewd her before her gig in Blackpool at the Winter gardens- Sunglasses on in the hotel lounge. :huh: She was very cagey and said that the music industry owed her nothing but Money!

Got distinct feeling that she was jealous of others who had made it!

That doesn't come across so strongly in this one. Maybe the new album release has mollified her a little or, maybe, she's had good coaching for the publicity tour thumbsup.gif

Is there anywhere to get access to your interview? I'd be v. interested in reading it.

Edited by Martin Coleman
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert