Rare Soul Books Up For Offers

Hi,

Time for another clear out and this time its some of the books that have to go. The majority of the following are in virtually un-read condition and some are extremely scarce. I've put them up for offers although I do have an idea what I would want for certain titles.

Postage on these would be at cost but until I can weigh each book I don't know what that would be.

Payments should a deal be struck would be by Cash, Cheque, Bank Transfer or Postal Order as I don't have Paypal facilities.

Thanks for looking

Steve

The R&B Indies (McGrath) Volume 1 A-L / Volume 2 M-Z. This is the first edition which came as a two volume set, later published in 4 smaller volumes I believe. It lists all known USA independent labels and releases known at the time.

Off The Record - Motown By Master Number 1959-1989 (Hardback) R&R/PC Books. Pretty much as the title suggests. All known releases listed with artist / a-side / b-side and deadwax information from Motown and subsiduaries.

Heatwave - The Motown Fact Book (Hardback) R&R / PC Books. A history of the artists and groups and how they started their careers with Motown (inc photographs of most artists).

Soul Harmony Singles 1960-1990 (Beckman / Hunt / Kline) The raved about book focussing on group harmony releases over three decades. This has been out of it's wrapper (shrink sleeve) once and carefully placed back in. Almost still sealed.

Rare Motown And Soul Price Guide (Simon Soussan) One of the most sought after Northern related books to have been published. This is possibly the best condition copy you will find and so very hard to obtain these days. Beautiful black and white scans of many of the unreleased Motown acteates along with obscure Motown demo's.

The World Of Soul (Arnold Shaw) This small paperback covers all aspects of soul music from the 60's and 70's. Condition is VG+ only on this but it is also one of the rarest soul publications I have.

Chicago Soul (Robert Pruter) (Hardback) As it says, a history of Chicago Soul and it's artists.

DooWop (Robert Pruter) (Hardback) A history of DooWop from one of the leading authorities on soul music.

Encyclopedia Of Rhythm & Blues & DooWop Vocal Groups (Rosalsky) (Hardback) As the title would suggest

Spinning Blues Into Gold (Nadine Cohodas) (Hardback) A history of Blues

Northern Soul - Music, Drugs & Subcultural Identity (Andrew Wilson) (Hardback) Actually I cant tell you a great deal about this book... I've never read it. Time for Google methinks.

Top R&B Singles 1942-1999 (Hardback) (Record Research) An across the board history of soul & R&B singles.

Where Did Our Love Go (Nelson George) (Hardback) One of many books dedicated to the girl groups of Motown inc Supremes.

I have many, many more to offer all of which will get a listing on here over the next few weeks. Any questions please PM me.

Thanks again :hatsoff2:

Steve

Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source