Record Packs-E-Bay-Is It Worth It?

Thfcliam

What are people opinion's on doing Soul packs to get rid of records fast instead of selling individual. I am not talking about crappy records no one will want at all, good northern soul records but to just get rid of them quick. Is it worth it on Evil-bay?

Edited by thfcliam
Social source share

I've sold loads of soul packs on Ebay.

Never anything obscure, but often packs of pressings and reissues, in lots of 50, 100, 200.

Always get sh*t prices for them despite seeing other people sell the same stuff for hundreds of pounds  :lol:

Even job lots of originals hardly do anything.  Waste of time if you ask me.

Social source share

I've sold loads of soul packs on Ebay.

Never anything obscure, but often packs of pressings and reissues, in lots of 50, 100, 200.

Always get sh*t prices for them despite seeing other people sell the same stuff for hundreds of pounds  :lol:

Even job lots of originals hardly do anything.  Waste of time if you ask me.

Strange, surely people would want to buy obscure original records more than pressing, reissues etc? If I saw a good pack with 60's northern originals in I would be interested that's for sure.

Edited by thfcliam
Social source share

hi liam, I sold a job lot on ebay a while back 100 to be precise, mix of stuff I don't play and stuff I couldn't sell so thought just get rid.

got approx £10 per record so yes may have lost money on some but made money on the crap stuff...swings n roundabouts

also havnt missed selling them

anyway we havnt seen you and your dad lately at caliente...next Friday 4th anniversary :thumbsup:

russ

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I tend to sell small packs of 10 at a time as shipping form Canada is $20 so that has to be factored. Have been doing a few of garage/psych packs but still not very good results.

International shipping increases will not help

Last few have only met the minimum amount of $9.99

Social source share

brought several packs on evil bay all crap just would love to buy some decent tunes that we can dance to dont mind the odd crap one think that's par for the course but i learned now i don't buy packs of there anymore would like to buy some nice ones though if price is right

• Helpful 1
Social source share

hi liam, I sold a job lot on ebay a while back 100 to be precise, mix of stuff I don't play and stuff I couldn't sell so thought just get rid.

got approx £10 per record so yes may have lost money on some but made money on the crap stuff...swings n roundabouts

also havnt missed selling them

anyway we havnt seen you and your dad lately at caliente...next Friday 4th anniversary :thumbsup:

russ

Hi Russ,

nice, so it is not all bad eh?, I have put a little collection lot up on e-bay, just going to see what happens for a tester.

Yes it has been a long time.

We will try to come Friday, be good to see you lot.

Cheers

Liam

Edited by thfcliam
Social source share

I've got about 300 unlisted records here, all originals, 90% known records, I haven't bothered listing any of them because I know if I type out 300 records, I'll sell maybe 10 of them.  The bottom end of the market is just not there anymore.  These records are worth £5 to £30 (not book prices, real prices), I'm thinking maybe doing them in batches of 10 might be the way to go rather than try and sell them individually.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I've got about 300 unlisted records here, all originals, 90% known records, I haven't bothered listing any of them because I know if I type out 300 records, I'll sell maybe 10 of them.  The bottom end of the market is just not there anymore.  These records are worth £5 to £30 (not book prices, real prices), I'm thinking maybe doing them in batches of 10 might be the way to go rather than try and sell them individually.

Good idea. How much you sell pack of ten ?

Social source share

I've bought a couple of Pete's Packs in the past, more than happy with them and great value. Just seen Liams put a pack of 10 on Ebay...

:thumbsup:  

Social source share

Think Pete's got it right there. Break em down into smaller packs and be prepared to cut some loss, as you're unlikely to sell them ALL individually.

I recently sold a box of soul records of about 80 pieces (northern, 60's and 70's soul, some of which was quite mainstream). I put it into a local auction house, and got £92 for it. They took their 12% and charged me £1 for entering the lot. Vlue of the records probably went from 50p - £5, with the odd one or two a touch more at a tenner. That's not book price but going rate. Either way, they were bargain basement known records.

I was happy with the result and doubt Ebay would've got the same amount even if i'd have listed them all.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!