Wilbur Reynolds

Guest souldaddy

Guest souldaddy

so, i just picked up a copy of SWEETE'N by wilbur reynolds and masters on RESIST, but it is not the same vocalist as a version i've heard on siome bootleg comp years ago...which is the copy i want. my copy sounds like a kid, and the version i want has a more maure voice. anyone tell me the difference??

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The version on Resist should credit the vocalist "Jimmie Lee". The B-side, "Who'll Cry" was covered up as Carole Waller "I Only Have Myself To Blame" when played at Stafford in the ealy '80s.

I think the version you want is the one on CB, with "Tenderizer" on the B-side. This version DOES credit Wilbur Reynolds & The Masters, as opposed to the Resist release, which simply credits "Wilbur Reynolds & Band" and then the vocalist "Jimmie Lee" in smaller letters.

JM has both on his website list for £150 each. Hope this all helps............

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Guest souldaddy

so, i just picked up a copy of SWEETE'N by wilbur reynolds and masters on RESIST, but it is not the same vocalist as a version i've heard on siome bootleg comp years ago...which is the copy i want. my copy sounds like a kid, and the version i want has a more maure voice. anyone tell me the difference??

this does help. i thanks you!! thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest souldaddy

anyone out there with a copy of wilbur reynolds on CB fancy a trade for the RESIST version? my copy is excellent...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert