33 Aussie And Nz 45S. Motown , Demos And Rare Bits. All Cheap

Daniel Harvey

Right, just clearing out some Aussie 45s.  I'm shipping from Australia, so postage is $3.50 within Aus and 5 pounds for international. All prices are in UK pounds. Happy to do returns within 7 days, minus postage, though this has never happened and I have sold quite a lot of records. I grade pretty conservatively and try to provide as much info as possible. 

I have scans for all the 45s in case anyone wants to see an image not posted on here.

Trying to clear these records off the shelf, so if you want to make an offer on multiples/ the lot, go on ahead!

Anyhow, hope something takes your fancy, all the best, DanielJ

Diana Ross and the Supremes, Love Child 4 track EP, with Pic Sleeve. VG/VG+, pic sleeve in VG condition (see scan) , the vinyl looks and plays really well. IMO, one of the most stunning EP pic sleeves I have seen. Just Brilliant! 10

Tom Jones , Chills and Fever EP DECCA VG+ - 4 track Ep, with the a brilliant Picture sleeve. There are a few light marks, but the vinyl is glossy and Chills and fever plays perfectly. There is some ring wear on the picture cover, but all round it is clean and in fine condition. The UK issue and the US Tower copy command big bux , so this is quite a nice way to pick the 45 up @ 20 - on hold.

Lou Rawls, Love is a Hurtin’ thing — CAPITAL (New Zealand light purple copy) VG/VG+ ( Classic big city ballad from Lou Rawls) Looks stunning on this NZ press. Labels in good shape, but vinyl has a few marks and has some noise towards the end of the track. 12

Sandi Shaw Don’t Run Away/ Stop — PYE ( Red New Zealand Copy) VG++ ( Great copy, nice and clean. Plays perfectly. Labels in top shape.  20 — see this at 50 plus on UK quite a bit. So here is a nice way to get a cheaper and rarer copy!

The Winstons — Birds of a feather/ the greatest love FESTIVAL MINT — two nice cuts from this brilliant group. 10

The Kingpins, -  In the pocket ATLANTIC VG/VG+, two 60s soul instrumentals, few marks causing noise in bits 5- on hold

Brenda and the tabulations, Right on the tip of my Tongue FABLE, VG+, Sticker on label...nice to see a soul 45 on Melbourne’s very own FABLE label. This copy is from 3UZ here in Melbourne 5

The Four Tops, If I were a Carpenter TAMLA MOTOWN  ( “A” sample copy) VG sticker on label and spindle wear, but plays through with no worries.  Nice and rare demo. Another 3UZ 45. 10

The Supremes and Four Tops, River Deep Mountain high — TAMLA MOTOWN (A sample copy) VG sticker on label and spindle wear, but plays through with no worries.  Nice and rare demo. Another 3UZ 45. 5

Mary Wells, My guy/two lovers, your the sweetest guy - TAMLA MOTOWN (A sample copy) VG sticker on label and spindle wear, but plays through with no worries.  Nice and rare demo. Not certain, but may be a 70s copy, See scan and decide for yourselfJ   Another 3UZ 45. 5

Len Barry, 1,2,3/Bulls Eye FESTIVAL sample copy (stamped) VG sticker on label + plus some marks, but plays through nicely. Classic 60s pop soul 2 sider on gorgeous Aussie Festival 5

Diana Ross and the Supremes, Someday we’ll be together — TAMLA MOTOWN A sample copy) VG sticker on label and spindle wear, but plays through with no worries.  Nice and rare demo. Another 3UZ 45. 5

Bobby MartinFor the love of him United Artists (stickered sample copy) VG+ sticker on label, plays the business. I really enjoy this record, great vocals on top of a big production. 5

Aretha Franklin, The weight/ The tracks of my tears ATLANTIC , Sticker on label, otherwise VG++ copy. Really nice glossy copy on Brilliant Aussie Deep Green ATLANTIC 10

The Supremes , Supremes a happening 4 track Ep ( No pic sleeve) TAMLA MOTOWN stickered sample copy , VG+, sticker on label, features  This old heart of Mine + Hang on Sloopy + The Happening + I can’t help myself. 10

The Supremes, Everything is good about you/ My World is empty without You TAMLA MOTOWN (Stickered Sample Copy) VG+ Sticker on label , two typically lovely Supremes cuts, 10

Stevie Wonder, I was made to lover her/ Hold Me — TAMLA MOTOWN (stickered sample copy) VG sticker on label, a tear on label, and spindle wear, but plays through with no worries.  Nice and rare demo. Another 3UZ 45. 10

Diana Ross and the Supremes, In and out of Love/ Guess I’ll always love you - TAMLA MOTOWN (stickered sample copy) VG sticker on label, spindle wear, but plays through with no worries.  Nice and rare demo. Another 3UZ 45. 10

The Undisputed Truth , You make your own heaven and Hell right here on Earth , TAMLA MOTOWN ( “A”) Demo copy VG++ 5

Brian Hyland, The joker went wild PHILLIPS ( blue NZ and Red Aus) both VG 5 each

Brenton Wood, I think you got your fools mixed up FESTIVAL (blue NZ, rarer and nicer than the yellow Aus copy ) VG 5

Procession , Essentially Susan FESTVIAL VG , blue eyed and very poppy UK track , pretty rare on Aus 5

Nita Rossi Something to Give/ Here I go again— ASTOR VG+/VG ( there is some green pen on the labels. There are very light marks, but all round this is a pretty clean disk. The Northern side “Something to Give” plays through brilliantly. Nice tune.  Fairly rare on Aussie Astor. 20 - on hold

Tonny Rich — See Saw/ It’s all up to you-  ASTOR VG+ ( Absolutely brilliant UK soul cut originally put out for PYE and then picked up here on ASTOR.  Really a dog rare copy of two super catchy UK soul dancers. Label has some residue from a a removed sticker, but other than that it’s a really nice copy. 20 - on hold

Migil 5, One Hundred Years/I’m in love again — ASTOR VG ( The same group that put out Mockingbird Hill.  One side is a cover of the Freddy King number “100 years” and the flip is a nice Bluesy pop number.  Certainly a tough record on UK PYE and very much dog rare here on Australian Astor.   The labels are a little grubby and there is a lightly penned name on one side. The Vinyl has some marks and at times plays with noise. 15

Bobby Freeman, S-W-I-M — ASTOR VG ( a pretty tough one on Australian Astor. Both labels are in great shape, but the vinyl is a bit marked. Both sides play through with lightish noise at times. 10

Doug Parkinson , You ain’t going nowhere without Me/ Now You’re On your ownSOUTHERN STAR VG /VG+ ( Now your on your own, is a stunning and much underrated piece of 70s soul music. Much rarer than I’ll be around, which of course was a minor hit here in Aus.  This was actually an auction item for JM a couple of years back. This copy is more than fine for playing out. It just has some light marks. 15  -  if you don’t know either side, have a squiz on YouTubeJ

MillieBloodshot Eyes/ Tongue Red — FONTANA NZ (with large hole, not NOC) VG+ (stunning 45 with some marks on Vinyl, but both sides play pretty much perfectly. Two great Jamaican Style RnB cuts from the artists which such a unique voice! Very Rare and totally Stunning on New Zealand Fontana  20

Verdelle Smith — Tar and Cement/ A piece of the Sky — CAPITAL (stickered sample copy) VG/VG+ ( Copy from a Sydney radio collection I went through a couple of months ago. The 45 has some radio station stickers on it and some spindle wear, but the vinyl is fairly nice and plays well 10

Booker T and MGs Chinese Checkers/Plum Nellie ATLANTIC (sample not for sale stamped) VG+ (looks simply stunning and is very clean. Has a strange storage mark on the b side that doesn’t play at all, but the a side has a bit a fuzz to it at times. Still a particularly nice copy. 15

Joe Tex, Show Me/A women sees a hard time  ATLANTIC (stickered Sample copy) VG+ (radio station stickers on label.  Slight label fade from poor storage. Vinyl has some marks. A side plays really well, but the flip plays with a bit of noise. This copy is from 3UZ radio here in Melbourne. 15

Percy Sledge, Cover Me/ Behind every great Man ATLANTIC (stickere sample not for sale copy) VG+.  Really nice copy. Labels look stunning and vinyl is very clean, but for the lightest of scuffs. Really lovely 45 10

Spiral Staircases, More today than Yesterday CBS VG+, few light marks, but plays through really well. Not the most soulful record going round, but disgustingly catchy! 8

Cheers for looking, DanielJ

post-12090-0-43335200-1386150732_thumb.j

post-12090-0-22535200-1386150855_thumb.j

post-12090-0-30726000-1386150873_thumb.j

post-12090-0-96059200-1386150946_thumb.j

post-12090-0-61301900-1386151038_thumb.j

post-12090-0-41542800-1386151060_thumb.j

post-12090-0-34836200-1386151082_thumb.j

post-12090-0-19125000-1386151113_thumb.j

post-12090-0-44770800-1386151188_thumb.j

Edited by melbourne eric
  • Helpful 1