Sharon Jones, Derobert, Mind & Matter, Purple Snow Lps

Jason S

Some new and recent albums for sale. All are in new condition.
Check out all albums on the site here

PMs or email to soulstacks@gmail.com  :thumbsup: 

1492-500x500.jpg
DeRobert & The Half Truths - I'm Tryin' (G.E.D Soul) £13 (sealed) 
Decent mix of Nashville funk and soul from a band quietly ploughing their own furrow in the soul world. 
Standouts are The Dole Pt 2, I Don't Get mad No Mo, Do It Alone and Write A Letter.

I’m Tryin’
My Momma Told Me
Ooo Wee
The Dole Pt. 2
Get On It
The Speech
Going Places
I Don’t Get Mad No Mo
Do it Alone
Please Shine On Me
Write a Letter
I’m Tryin’ Outro

Also got a few copies of the 7" that was going to be on the album but pulled at the last minute. Instrumental to 'Ooo Wee' plus 'I Got Burned'. See here

1491-500x500.jpg

Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings - Give The People What They Want (Daptone) £14 (sealed) 
Another solid long player from this most consistent of soul groups, loads of highlights on the album including the straight up Northern Stranger To My Happiness, the classic Daptone sounding We Get Along, the sweet finger-snapper Get Up and Get Out and more. So good. 

1499.jpg

Various Artists — Purple Snow : Forecasting the Minneapolis Sound / (Numero) £80 

Immense 4Lp set with individual hard sleeves printed with 4 different designs housed in a thick box and including a 100+ page 12" x 12" hardbound book this has a lot of love gone into it's making! 32 tracks across eight sides of vinyl with over a dozen previously unreleased (not counting the 94 East and Flyte Tyme and Herman Jones tracks that Numero issued on 45s at the same time) this set chronicles a stylistic, technological and attitude progression in the sounds coming out of Minneapolis from the late 70s to the early 80s. 
Class release, stunning object! 4kg in weight so this needs it's own special method to ship!

1500-500x500.jpg

Mind & Matter - 1514 Oliver Avenue (Basement) (Numero) £17
Great archival resurrection of this time eroded piece of MN music history reveals there was more in the armory of the much sought after Mind & Matter group than the two sides of their solitary 45. Raw edged production gives this a live feel and at times the feeling of walking into a jam session takes you right up close to the musicians. Really good find: at times fragile and crumbling at others rock solid, a proper music journey through the often far-out ideas of an ensemble maybe too ahead of their time for their contemporaries.

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!