Gabriel " Will You "

purist

Saw a copy of this on ebay today (listed for the flipside "The Bump") and it struck me that it's not a record that you see very often, if at all. I honestly don't think I've seen a copy for sale in 30 years. but maybe I was sleepwalking when looking through the millions of 45's I've gone through in that time period (pretty sure I cant be the only collector who becomes "blind" to records once you own a copy?) There's no copy on youtube that I can see and a google search didn't help, neither did a s/source search or popsike.
Is it rare, or just nobody thinks there's any interest in it so don't bother to bring it out in their sales boxes.
Obviously I think it's a fabulous tune that deserves a play or three, I do remember once playing it early 80's and a kindly soul told me he remembered it from the Mecca, but wasn't everything credited to the Mecca at one time or the other?  

- hmm perhaps I should have checked that I've still got my copy before I posted this up !?!?
nah, it's probably common as muck :lol: 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GABRIEL-the-bump-Funky-Crossover-Soul-45-Artists-Of-America-HEAR-/201299021868?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ede5b502c

Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!