Carrie Cleveland Lp + Across The Board 45's For Sale

trd

Hi Everybody

Conservative grading by goldmine standards (m- // vg++ // vg+ // vg // vg- )
Paypal as a gift if possible. Prompt payment appreciated.

Please PM me if further info’s are needed.
Please add £5,50 for shipping from France,

Many thanks by advance for your consideration.

Carrie Cleveland –Looking up to you (Cleve Den lp 14) Strong vg+ // vg++ cover in partial shrink £300

A few cosmetics hairlines, plays perfect. Includes the epic electronic soul masterpiece ‘Love will set you free’.

House Guests Rated X –What’s so never the dance // pt II (House Guests 28205) Strong vg+, minuscule warp NAP £175

Cleanest copy I’ve ever seen (bought Mint- from Sir Manship). One of the filthiest funk 45 from Cincinnati. It used to be a 1998 era funk staple, and seems to be back in vogue.

Outback –Strangers in our homeland // Reggie’s thang (Empathy 1906) Strong vg+ a few stains on label £150

Loner soul from Oklahoma, recently spun by Sami Dariush. Fragile and unique vibe, and probably my favorite record of the list, still pretty hard to locate. Recommended.

Brown Sugar – Disco dancer // Flowers in may (Shal-Tur demo 834) conservative vg £125 

Bought it as a vg+ copy. Side A is cool pedestrian modern-disco tune with heavy reverbed drums, backed by a killer –and almost psych- ballad. Relatively obscure but will surely appeal to the hip hop crowd.

Target –Give me one more chance // Cleveland (Kama 814) vg+ warp NAP £125

Absolute modern soul classic from Upstate New York with Ohio connections. This copy is untouched but suffers from a sensible warp (NAP at all) forcing vg+ grading.

Bobby Valentin –Bad breath // Love me so (Fania 445) Unplayed stock vg+ £125

B.B. does not unfortunately mean ‘Big Breasts’. Classic boogaloo dancer on a nice gold label. Unplayed copy but suffers from Fania’s low pressing standards.

The Dorrells feat. The Rocketeers –I need someone to love me // (Bronze 102) Unplayed stock vg++ £125

Super obscure 60’s girl group produced by Miami genius Frank Williams. Amazing ballad backed by a decent northern number on this barely documented Deep City sub-label.

Means of Persuasion –One way street // Be my friend (C & J ??) vg+ £100

Awesome lo-fi beat ballad with awesome vocals from Toledo legend Ike Noble. The b-side is absolutely not my taste but supposedly got some plays in some modern venues in the 80’s. Rare and great record.

Hiram & Direct –Love flight // Turn it around (Hirome 001) strong vg small wol £75

First league Detroit modern soul from the legendary Tantus Studios enterprise. The stepper flip is not to be overlooked either. Detroit condition-ish but still a pretty enjoyable copy. Much rarer than the later release as Direct Pressure.

James Dee & Pieces of the Action –Jealous over love // My pride (Enrica 1009) Unplayed stock vg++ £60

Awesome low-rider staple. Noisy pressing.

Cherryl Williams –Everybody’s happy but me //I’m your fool (Bengee 1001) vg++ Unplayed stock £50

Extremely clean first pressing copy of this northern oldie, backed by an impressive sweet soul number. 

Kings go Forth –One day // You’re the one (Mr C’s 1001) Unplayed stock nm- £50

Stock copy of one of the best release from the last 10 years.

Jerry Weaver -Testify // Mama said she ain't here (Cash In Today 8787511) nm- unplayed stock £50
Super obscure late 70's release from Jerry. Chicago gospel with Alabama connexions, hence a nice southern feel all the way through.

BlackRock –Yeah Yeah // Black cloud overhead (Select-O-Hits 006) Strong vg+ £50

Awesome Memphis black psych, one the many highlights from ‘Chains & Black Exhaust’.

Young Disciples & Co – Crumbs from the table // Girls (Getaway 16475) vg++ £40

To quote the venerable Parrish Smith: ‘Hard like concrete’ funk classic with huge drums and gigantesque groove, from the much loved St Louis staple. Decent low-rider-ish ballad on flip.

The Fabulous Peps –With these eyes // I’ve been trying (Wee 3 1001) vg++ small byro WOL £40

Virtually unplayed copy of this quintessential Detroit banger, with a nice Impression cover on the flip.

Johnny Mack –I want to leave everyday for your love // Let them talk (JMA 001) Unplayed stock vg++ £40

Excellent and semi known northern effort from Florida. Quality deep soul on flip.

Brothers of the Ghetto –Rocking Chair // Indestructible black man (Ghetto 7394) unplayed stock vg++ £35  

Hard as nails black rock from southern Illinois. Massive breaks and a huge psychedelic feel throughout.

Mercy Men –Fifth street // You made it thunder (Bee Gee 0001) vg++ £25

Unplayed copy of this quality double-sider from Kentucky. A frantic old school funk track (nice break down included) backed with a cool northern number.

The Out of Sights –For the rest of my life // Tears don’t care (Numero group-Boddie ES 043) Unplayed stock nm- £25  

Breath taking pre-Saru version of this northern monster from Ohio. Limited pressing, only available through Numero Group’s European promo tour.

Tribe –Attica // Attica (C & T 777) vg++ £25

Awesome psych soul with involvement from Curtis Knight.

A.C. Caldwell –Joy sweet joy // Wail (lonely love) (RIM 2028) Unplayed stock vg++ £20

Awesome ballad-with-a-beat record, and still overlooked. Never fails to empress my rap friends.

Eugene Pitt & the Jive Five – Come down in time // Love is pain (Avco embassy 4568 issue) unplayed stock m- £20

Pristine copy of this slept-on record from one of Philly’s finest team. Intricate song-writing, and a song bouncing from sweet soul to Northern soul. Excellent record overall. NB: rarer issue with the matching label sleeve.

The Cause –Hard times in the city // Promises (ASG 1006) Unplayed stock vg++ £20

The b-side wins again. An ok conscious funk number backed by a breath-taking  sweet soul song with outstanding vocal harmonies and eerie production courtesy of JB’s white funky drummer of choice, Beau Dollar.

Freedom Express –Stolen pleasures // pt 2 (Spirit 778) unplayed stock vg++ £10

Probably one of the best and most under-rated stepper around. Adult music when it’s time to cheat after a couple of red wine glasses.

Thank you for your interest,

Etienne

Edited by trd
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source