Stevie H

Ruby Deceived

Has anyone got any info on this artist. I'm coming up against a brick wall. For such a fantastic song and just a one-off , it seems such a waste of  talent.

Steve

Has anyone got any info on this artist. I'm coming up against a brick wall. For such a fantastic song and just a one-off , it seems such a waste of  talent.

Steve

Hi Stevie

Some info on this link 

http://www.theresthatbeat.com/hitsville2006/playsnds/rec_review_alan_pollard.html

11th record down 

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

Edited by Kev John

The only extra information about Deceived in the sleeve notes from the "For Millionaires Only Vol 2 CD" is that Martin Koppel is credited with discovering it.

Not sure about that.  The first person to play it was Cliff Steele.  It came from a Northants Rock & Roll collector who mocved the soulful stuff on to Cliff.  It was unknown as far as I am aware prior to this.

Not sure about that.  The first person to play it was Cliff Steele.  It came from a Northants Rock & Roll collector who mocved the soulful stuff on to Cliff.  It was unknown as far as I am aware prior to this.

Without wanting to take any credit away from Cliff,regarding the Koppell comment,Polo (Mark Baulch) from Worcester who had records from Koppell from the begining,always rang me up raving about this and that title on a regular basis, i distinctively remember him mentioning Ruby i would date this early eighties as i was still living in Gloucester so it was known ,it was much later that it got played?

Steve

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.