Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Kegsy

Van McCoy Soul Improvisations Pt1 & Pt2

Recommended Posts

Just read something that states Soul Improvisations;

Part 1 came out on BDA 297 as the flipside but only on the ISSUES.

Part 2 came out on BDA 310 as the flip side but only on the ISSUES.

In all the years I've been on the scene, I have never seen either of these two records as ISSUE copies therefore never seen part 1 or 2 on a 45 except the UK issue. Anybody ever seen the issues, if so how rare are they ?. I  remember Ian playing it at the Mecca but was it from the album or on a 45.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Rich B said:

I have had both, they weren't expensive when I bought them (76/77?) so I assumed it was relatively easy to find.

I got the album so I wasn't really looking for the 45's at the time it was played. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes they're quite rare. I regularly search on ebay for Van McCoy records and these issues only come up once or twice a year at best. When they do they don't generate much interest or sell for big money so only patience is needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kegsy said:

Just read something that states Soul Improvisations;

Part 1 came out on BDA 297 as the flipside but only on the ISSUES.

Part 2 came out on BDA 310 as the flip side but only on the ISSUES.

In all the years I've been on the scene, I have never seen either of these two records as ISSUE copies therefore never seen part 1 or 2 on a 45 except the UK issue. Anybody ever seen the issues, if so how rare are they ?. I  remember Ian playing it at the Mecca but was it from the album or on a 45.

 

I've got an issue of BDA297. I bought it in the 70s and kept it along with a UK demo so I had the option of Part 2 if needed. I think it's relatively rare. I think a couple have gone through Discogs and BDA310 isn't on there at all. So pretty rare I'd say.

Happy Xmas old bean!

Ian D :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, TRICKY said:

Hasnt one of them got the brilliant im in love vocal on the flip?

 

Tricky

310 has "Let me down Easy" on the other side. Not the Betty LaVette song.. Was also covered by GC Cameron on his Love songs & other Tragedies album

 

Kev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, stateside said:

310 has "Let me down Easy" on the other side. Not the Betty LaVette song.. Was also covered by GC Cameron on his Love songs & other Tragedies album

 

Kev

Which is a lovely track.

P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23 December 2015 at 21:35, TRICKY said:

Hasnt one of them got the brilliant im in love vocal on the flip?

 

Tricky

Always thought "I'm In Love..." Was LP only? Be nice on a 45 after all.

On 23 December 2015 at 22:35, Peter99 said:

Which is a lovely track.

P

Agreed Peter. Love it myself and also remember a cool Lovers Rock version too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have a double sided demo of i`m in love with you baby as was the way with buddah  duel 45s.... and also this odditty from chile... on avco.. soul improvisations pts 1 & 2 on 1 side and another good track from the lp so many mountains on the other side

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Sign Up

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign up now!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

  1. Van Dykes

    • 1 posts
    • 302 reads
    • John Elias
    • 01 May 2018
    • 2 posts
    • 267 reads
    • stanley
    • 22 Apr 2018
    • 2 posts
    • 430 reads
    • southern_soul1
    • 22 Oct 2017
    • 1 posts
    • 171 reads
    • weingarden
    • 13 Oct 2017
    • 1 posts
    • 205 reads
    • toodarnsoulful
    • 11 Oct 2017
    • 5 posts
    • 380 reads
    • dwr
    • 22 Sep 2017
    • 1 posts
    • 150 reads
    • billmarr
    • 21 Sep 2017
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.