Eighth Day

Blake H

I saw a double cd today by the Eighth Day it was a reissue of both Invictus albums and a couple of bonus tracks, one of them being "You made me over". I couldn't get to listen to said track and as YMMO is one of my all time faves I'm curious about this version, anyone heard it or have a mp3. I think the cd was on Sequel. Many thanks :thumbsup:

Best

BH

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I saw a double cd today by the Eighth Day it was a reissue of both Invictus albums and a couple of bonus tracks, one of them being "You made me over". I couldn't get to listen to said track and as YMMO is one of my all time faves I'm curious about this version, anyone heard it or have a mp3. I think the cd was on Sequel. Many thanks :lol:

Best

BH

Hi Blake,

I reckon it will be the same version / same record, since Melvin Davis was 'with' 8th Day.

8th Day were a 'phoney' group in that they had records out under the name before a group was actually assembled (such tracks as "She's Not Just another Woman" were actually by 100 proof with Steve Mancha).

Seems to me that this is just a 'mis-badged' sequel compilation.

"You Got To Crawl Before You Walk" by 8th Day WAS Melvin Davis also. The other 8th day 45's were also not by 8th day!

So, if you did get to hear the 8th Day 'version', I reckon it would be note for note Melvin Davis.

:thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

Blake, Lesley and i are coming down on the long haul from East Fife to Shaun Robbin,s do at Sponden next Sat,staying at nearby Travel lodge. Look forward to seeing you and Nicky

Regards

Tony.C. and Lesley.

Social source share

Thanks for that Sean, I think we traded a "You made me over" (cant remember which way) some years back didn't we? Thanks again

BH

PS. Are you going to Sponden on the 14th? Would have gone to last one but went to Cancun instead :thumbsup::lol: !

Hi Blake,

Good memory you've got mate. I bought a Melvin Davis from you about 15 years ago!

Won't be making it to Sponson though. Julie's Birthday... and she's got other plans!

:lol:

Sean

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert