Celebrities, Jades & Sid Barnes + More

A nice selection from across the board, traditional Northern, funkier edged, crossover and Detroit masters, there's something for everyone here.

Happy to provide a sound file where needed, PM any questions or to reserve.

Celebrities - You didn't tell the truth - Boss 501 M- £300
(Seen a couple at this price with reversed labels, this stunning Detroit dancer has the labels the right way round and in TIP-TOP shape too)

Boss 502.jpg

Jades - Hotter than fire - Cherry Red 144 M- £250 SOLD

(Super rare first label before Virtue, stunning condition on this up-tempo dancer, a long forgotten masterpiece .  A partially forgotten masterpiece that doesn't come to market often)

Cherry Red 144.jpg

Temptations - Beauty is only skin deep - Gordy 7055 WD M- £25
(These Motown stable white demos are a thing of beauty, duplicate copy hence the sale of this all time classic)

Gordy 7055.jpg

Eric & Vikings - I'm truly yours - Gordy 7132 WD Ex £20 SOLD
(Superbly worked Motown, classy and so far on down the road from the raw sound of the early days. Date written on both labels)

Gordy 7132.jpg

Exceptionals - Unlucky girl 0 GRT 48 WD M- £70

(Quite literally exceptional mid-tempo crossover and in mint as well, rarest format for this release on a Canadian demo)

GRT 48.jpg

Sugar N' Spice - Lucky we - Lira 777 M- £200
(Never shows up, completely elusive Ohio based duo, what a dancer, a hidden gem on a rare and obscure label that will surely take off in the right hands)

Lira 777.jpg

Carol & Gerri - On you heartaches look good / How can I ever find the way - MGM 13568 M- YDJ £350 SOLD
(2 extraordinary sides that bless the same slab of glorious vinyl)

MGM 13568.jpg

Eugene Jefferson - A pretty girl dressed in brown - Open 1617 M- £175 SOLD
(Nothing better than a simple arrangement, this beautifully crafted West Coast offering in Detroit clothing is closer to the "Open the door to your heart", backing used on Vikki Styles - Odex, and enjoying a resurgence, H stamped original in spanking condition)

Open 1617.jpg

Sidney Barnes - You'll always be in style - Red Bird 10039 WD M- £200

(Top artist, great label, stunning track, all the ingredients for all time monster, top end copy)

Red Bird 10039.jpg

Mark V Unlimited - Gone - Sagport 203 M- £80

(In-demand at the moment, instant funky edged northern dance floor filler, mid-tempo on the flip)

Sagport 203.jpg

Reactions - Live my life for myself - Sanfris 50 DJ Vg+ £150 SOLD
(Suffers from its own obscurity, and even then not as rare as the nationally distributed release on Dynamo Records, but this local NY label provides us with a classy group composition full of raw harmonies and sweet backing, gets better with every listen. Some light audible feedback on a couple of vinyl marks, but otherwise plays loud and clear)

Sanfris 50.jpg

LaCleve Milon - Take A Giant Step - SOH (Select-O-Hit) 015 M- £75 SOLD
(2 excellent sides to this Memphis release, "Giant step" will strike a chord with the funkier edge fans, whilst "Your love " nails the mid-tempo crossover floor)

SOH 15.jpg

Prophets - My kind of girl - Stephanye 335 WD M- £40 SOLD
(Another sharp Myto Music production, mellow Detroit on a rare white demo, and in factory fresh condition)

Stephanye 335.jpg

Rose Battiste - I can't leave you - Thelma 102 WD M- £200
(The "sweetheart darling" of Detroit, stunning vocals on this early Thelma outing, can't be easy to pick up in mint, red XOL, DJ stamp and very minor ring wear more visible on the scan than in the hand)

Thelma 102.jpg

Ballads - I can't see your love - Vee Jay 714 WD M- £100 SOLD

(Motorway Northern, buckle up and hold tight)

Vee-Jay 714.jpg

The Brothers - Secret place - Zanzee 112 Ex £25

(Under the radar crossover winner, as refreshing as the stunning label!  This is brilliant and completely overlooked)

Zanzee 112.jpg

PayPal as friends or add 4% Please

Postage:
£1.25 - 1st Class
£2.50 - 1st Class Signed For
£7.25 - Special Delivery
Overseas on Request

Cheers, Lee

Edited by SoulfulSolutions
Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.4k