[SOLD] THE VOLUMES - AIN'T GONNA GIVE YOU UP / AM I LOSING YOU - KAREN

Alan Walls

*** update at Monday 6th Feb: current bid £1650, closes tonight at 7pm***

AUCTION

With demand for this fine, double-sided Detroit rarity soaring, I’ve made the difficult decision to part with it.

No need for any sales blurb here, this record sells itself. Both sides are in Ex condition, playing crisp, loud and clear. See the pics: there are feint surface marks which do not affect play at all, including the mark on the run in on the Ain’t Gonna Give You Up side – that’s just a mark, not a scratch. Labels are nice and clean, too.

The bar has been set with a copy going for £1500 a few weeks ago, so that’s my minimum. This is not negotiable. The auction will end at 7pm on Monday 6th February. I’ll keep bidders updated every few days.

Please guys and gals, keep all correspondence relevant and by PM. Do not clog up my post with jive-ass bollocks about how it was only £8 when the first copies turned up in 1989/90 (and yep, that’s what this copy cost me), or how Ollie McLaughlin demanded you take a 50-box  away so he could free up space in his garage (which would be a brilliant story to tell, just not here).

This is my first attempt at holding an auction: while I have a solid team of experienced advisers behind me - hiya Andy - there might be the odd administrative hiccup along the way. In that event, please bear with me.

Payment by PayPal only. Add £10 for Special Delivery to UK. If not paying as a gift, add the 4% PayPal charge to the total.

Thanks for looking and good luck!

Alan

1 AGGYU - full record.jpg

2 AGGYU - label with flash.jpg

3 AGGYU - edge mark 3.jpg

4 AGGYU - edge mark 1.jpg

5 AILY - full pic.jpg

6 AILY - label with flash.jpg

7 AGGYIU - archer.jpg

Edited by Alan Walls
Auction update
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

2 hours ago, adydj said:

Hi Alan this is my all time favorite tune I hope you get the money for it I've got a £1000 to spend I don't think think it's worth that much maybe just a little less wish I had it in my collection all the best ady

Cheers Ady. If you don't already know it, check out Am I Losing You on the flip, excellent crossover sound. Jimmy Delphs did a fine version that's much cheaper and easier to come by! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert