The Exciters Lp?

Guest JimJam

Hi All,

I'm new here but hopefully posting in the right place, Can anyone please give me any info on The Exciters Self Titled LP on Tomorrow? It seems to have the same songs as the Roulette release but i can remember reading some songs were different versions? or was that different to the UK release?

Thanks for any help!

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi All,

I'm new here but hopefully posting in the right place, Can anyone please give me any info on The Exciters Self Titled LP on Tomorrow? It seems to have the same songs as the Roulette release but i can remember reading some songs were different versions? or was that different to the UK release?

Thanks for any help!

Hi

Unfortunately I can't help you with this one,

I've got a couple of their L.P.'s but not this one.

Anyway, Welcome to Soul Source.

Social source share

Hi

Unfortunately I can't help you with this one,

I've got a couple of their L.P.'s but not this one.

Anyway, Welcome to Soul Source.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply & welcome :shhh:

I was just wondering if it was the first release or a later pressing

Thanks

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Hi All,

Thanks for any help!

Hi newby :thumbsup:

I think there's some confusion here. The Exciters recorded an album, in the early 70s, for the Elephant V label that eventually came out on Today , not Tomorrow (which was Ian Levine's 'pre-release' label for his first northern ''tailor made's and on which, of course, the Exciters did have some releases that were eventually picked up by the UK arm of 20th Century Records). That album was called "Black Beauty".

I'm not entirely certain that their Roulette album (which WAS eponymously titled) ever came out - I've never seen a copy - but of course they did record more than enough tracks for Roulette and could have actually filled almost two albums with their Roulette repertoire.

Their complete Roulette recordings were issued on CD, in the mid 90s andshortly before i joined the label, by Sequel. I don't recollect Mick Patrick's sleevenotes mentioning anything about any of the tracks being released on a non-Roulette LP, and the one and only Today single "Life, Love And Peace"/"Learning How to Fly" (Today 1002, also issued on Elephant V 5) was definitely not comprised of recuts of Roulette material.

Have I helped to untangle the mess, or made it worse?

TONE :thumbsup:

Social source share

Hi newby :yes:

I think there's some confusion here. The Exciters recorded an album, in the early 70s, for the Elephant V label that eventually came out on Today , not Tomorrow (which was Ian Levine's 'pre-release' label for his first northern ''tailor made's and on which, of course, the Exciters did have some releases that were eventually picked up by the UK arm of 20th Century Records). That album was called "Black Beauty".

I'm not entirely certain that their Roulette album (which WAS eponymously titled) ever came out - I've never seen a copy - but of course they did record more than enough tracks for Roulette and could have actually filled almost two albums with their Roulette repertoire.

Their complete Roulette recordings were issued on CD, in the mid 90s andshortly before i joined the label, by Sequel. I don't recollect Mick Patrick's sleevenotes mentioning anything about any of the tracks being released on a non-Roulette LP, and the one and only Today single "Life, Love And Peace"/"Learning How to Fly" (Today 1002, also issued on Elephant V 5) was definitely not comprised of recuts of Roulette material.

TONE :thumbsup:

Hello Tone,

Thank for the welcome thumbsup.gif

It is slightly confusing because i forgot about the album on Today and now there is Tomorrow, I noticed Craigmoerer has the Roulette album? Thats why i thought this may be an original and then later signed to them?

Some info on the Tomorrow copy (Distributed by Tomorrow Records, 1010 Fifth Ave, N.Y., N.Y. 10028) It just credits Herb Rooney apart from the song "Lover's Question" that is published by Probosis music, 1977 Logan Records Co. Release TVI-141

Thanks again!

Social source share

Hi newby :thumbsup:

TONE smile.gif

I think I'm seeing Mick tomorrow, I'll ask him.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert