Microsoft Outlook Problem

Pete S

Anyone familiar with the workings of Microsoft Outlook?

Problem is, yesterday outlook decided to stop letting me access it and I had to make a new profile, therefore the .pst folder is not accessable, all my email have gone and so have all my contacts. I think it's because there was too much in it including several full length audio tracks. Anyway I have a repair tool which enables you to access this original file and shrink it, but I can't get it to work.

If anyone knows anything about this could they possibly tell me how to get my original outlook inbox profile back?

The whole message says

the file c:\\windows\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst could not be accessed. Access is denied.

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Anyone familiar with the workings of Microsoft Outlook?

Problem is, yesterday outlook decided to stop letting me access it and I had to make a new profile, therefore the .pst folder is not accessable, all my email have gone and so have all my contacts.  I think it's because there was too much in it including several full length audio tracks.  Anyway I have a repair tool which enables you to access this original file and shrink it, but I can't get it to work.

If anyone knows anything about this could they possibly tell me how to get my original outlook inbox profile back?

The whole message says

the file c:\\windows\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst could not be accessed. Access is denied.

link

-

If you pst file is corrupt, then you shagged, I think. Search your hard drive with *.pst and hopefuly you'll find the old (large).pst file and the (small) new one you created yesterday - probably under documents\ user name\ applications data\microsoft\outlook.

close outlook

Rename the big file something like ''pete.pst'' and copy it to another folder as a back up.

open outlook. Go to "File" and then "Data File Management". Here you can add a .pst file i.e. the one you've just renamed - pete.pst

Failing that go to "File" then "import & export", then choose "import from another programme or file" and press 'next' then choose "personal folder file. pst" choose your renamed file which hopefully will allow you to add from the old .pst file to the one you created yesterday.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert