Top Dog - New Stuff - Hot Sellers

Dave Thorley

Hi All

Another week and more of those killa new things, 'From the hard to find, To the just plain good', plus a couple of hot sellers

Valtentinos - Sweeter than the day before - Chess - VG+ £350
Bobby Diamond - Stop - Columbia W/D - Mint- £200
Ann Franklin - Movin' on - Cannonball - Mint £20
Andrew Smith & Friends - You came into my life - Radar - Mint £20
Reverend George Morton - This is my story - Hi-Q - Mint- £75
Gloria Ann Taylor - Music/Jolene - Selector Sound - Mint £75
Mighty Lovers - Mighty lover - Boo-Ga-Loo - Mint £250
Shaddows - Together again - United Audio - VG+ £250
Enchanted Five - Try a little love - CVS - Mint £85
Leroy Barbour - I ain't going nowhere - Frontiersman - VG+ £300
Ledgends - Fear not/Gotta let you go - Commonwealth W/D - Mint £60
Hot Sellers !!!!!!!!!!!!

BOBBIE ROBERSON - Don't you leave me baby/Don't turn your back on me baby - Bolivia

Story goes like this, both recordings were released as The Founders on the same label, Bolivia which sells for as much as £200. A couple of years later the label owner and band leader released the same two tracks under the name of the lead singer. Then with a sudden move from N.Y. to The Deep South and personal issues nothing was done with it and these sat in storage for many years. So just to spread some Christmas cheer here are a handful copies being offered @£45 +P&P, stone mint never seen a needle
This has become, over the years a 'Lowrider' classic, with the bonus of a nice crossover flip. Soulful in the extreme, female lead over male group harmonies. Not available anywhere else on the web at the moment and has sold for over £100, LAST 2 COPIES !!!!!!

MR. WONDERFUL BAND - We ain't got (No money) / There's no deeper love for a woman, than another woman's love - Mr Wonderful Records - HANDFUL LEFT !!!
Over 75 sold in just over a week, have the very last of these left.This has been ripping up Europe in the last month or so, last of the copies the band has ............Ron Lewis and his happy band of musicians have recently been into the studio and recorded two new sides, which they have now put out on this little limited press 45. Many of the band have come from some of the city's great bands of the past, including Unhooked Generation.
A side is a nice midtempo rhythm driven soulful dancer, flip a pretty, heart felt soulful stepper

Hear both on the links

CURTIS WIGGINS - Stand up when I talk to you / You can't buy love with money - Palm £100 + P&P - 1 COPY LEFT !!! Stone Mint, never seen a needle. Currently on sale for £150 on the web
Out of Louisville, Curtis was a one time member of The Heartbreakers on Derby City. The label name was taken from a legendary club in the city that has now long gone. One side a killa funky crossover winner 'Stand up when I talk to you' and the flip is the converted deep soul side, 'You can't buy love with money'

LAST COPY !!!!!!!
A classic Lowrider, group harmony classic. Supa soulful soul/gospel from Shriveport, La. Plus the bonus of a great little funky dancer on the flip
Only a few copies ever sold on on Ebay, 2 currently for sale at £100+ on the web. These copies for sale are stone mint, never seen a needle ................
Truth & Soul - God's getting tired / I got just what I want - Memorial £50 +P&P
Hear both sides ............

Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source