All sorts - some obscure/semi-known stuff

Markw

Some rare and unusual items here and some real bargains folks – mostly Crossover but a bit funk-edged, gospel too. All should be on YouTube but I can provide soundfiles on request.

Funds needed otherwise all these would stay on my shelves. Postage to be added please - Paypal F&F or please add 4% to cover my fees.

(1) Carl & Gerald And The Sonics - “Lift Me” (Copyright WD) VG+ £100     *****SOLD*****

-         -  obscure, very fine late 60s/early 70s harmony crossover number with immense potential 

(2)Marsha & The Delwands – “No Hope, No Faith” / “This Time” EX £40     *****SOLD*****

-          - briiliant 60s crossover double-sider

(3) The Feminine Touch – “Groove Me” (Fem-Touch) VG+ £50     *****SOLD*****

-          - does what it says on the tin! sparse production, early 70s harmony dancer; got to be destined for big plays

(4)    Happiness – “Gotta Have Love” (Affie) VG £75    *****SOLD*****

-          - rare crossover; plays nice enough for the grade and price reflects; brilliant record and a bargain

(5)    Kirk Taylor – “I’m The One That Needs You” (KT&Co) EX/M- £40    *****SOLD*****

-          - amazed this didn’t sell last time I listed; superb 70s crossover dancer

(6)    Lew Jiggs Kirton – “Hold On To What You Got” (Verdith) VG+ £50    *****SOLD*****

-          - gritty, funk-edged dancer; great record

(7)    Madeline & The Monticellos – “Binding Ring Of Gold” (de-vel) EX/M- £30    *****SOLD*****

-          - pure soul

(8)    Marc de Noel – “Heartaches” (d’arc) EX £80

-          - great funk-edged uptempo oldie (Dave Thorley spin I believe) due for reactivation

(9)    The Nu-Trons – “Beat” (Eldee) M- £40

-          - complete departure from those listed above!  top drawer Mod-style funky instro; would go well in your set next to that Line & Track number

(10) Sue Ann Jones – “I’ll Give You My Love” (TCB WD) VG+/EX £80    *****SOLD*****

-          - classy late 60s Detroit mid-tempo

(11) The Triumphs – “I Won’t Compromise” (Random Productions) EX £60     *****SOLD*****

-          - gospel-tinged 60s dancer with breaks and plenty of dancefloor potential

Carl&Gerald and the Sonics.jpg

Delwands (No Hope No Faith) .jpg

Delwands (This Time) .jpg

Femine Touch.jpg

Happiness.jpg

Kirk Taylor.jpg

Lew Jiggs Kirton.jpg

Madeline & Monticellos.jpg

Marc De Noel .jpg

Nu-Trons.jpg

Sue Ann Jones.jpg

Triumphs (Compromise) .jpg