Alfreton Aug 1997

ok if you was at the very first night at alfreton back in 97 you might like to see this,its a short 5 mins video ive done and the only video i never let anyone have a copy of,so its never been seen before,some old faces on it,is that cal sat with colin? not sure .maybe you could help? anyway heres the link https://alfretonsoulclub.homestead.com/index.html its on youtube some where but i cant find it

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

ok if you was at the very first night at alfreton back in 97 you might like to see this,its a short 5 mins video ive done and the only video i never let anyone have a copy of,so its never been seen before,some old faces on it,is that cal sat with colin? not sure .maybe you could help? anyway heres the link https://alfretonsoulclub.homestead.com/index.html its on youtube some where but i cant find it

Won't play on my P.C. :lol:

Social source share

brill and amazing Ian.

I remember that night well. we acheived a lot.

the only soul night around was The Hollingwood in Chesterfield, we got all our customers from the local papers and some shrewd marketing because there was no-where to flyer drop cept the nighters at Keele - we managed about 220 soulies the first night if i remember!

There was no politics around then. The backstabbing and slagging off was not there, just the music. shame that changed, can't get away from it today.

Northern soul was all but dead in the east midlands save for a townie night at the pennine.You and I gave it back some life. Pretty proud of that I am and look how many soul nights were born after Alfreton, literally dozens of them used Alfreton as a springboard to start some great nights.

Thanks for digging that out mate. KTF

Social source share

brill and amazing Ian.

I remember that night well. we acheived a lot.

the only soul night around was The Hollingwood in Chesterfield, we got all our customers from the local papers and some shrewd marketing because there was no-where to flyer drop cept the nighters at Keele - we managed about 220 soulies the first night if i remember!

There was no politics around then. The backstabbing and slagging off was not there, just the music. shame that changed, can't get away from it today.

Northern soul was all but dead in the east midlands save for a townie night at the pennine.You and I gave it back some life. Pretty proud of that I am and look how many soul nights were born after Alfreton, literally dozens of them used Alfreton as a springboard to start some great nights.

Thanks for digging that out mate. KTF

have a look at this clip

its got derek on,it was the night you was on holiday,if i rember you called in for the last hour

ian

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert