Connaught Hotel Wolverhampton Xmas Party

Craig W

Guest Dawnie

Hello Phil & Sue,

We are so pleased you could make particularly after the sad news but I'm sure it helped you both to know we are all thinking of you at this sad time ~ It was a good turn out with some great tunes and a party atmosphere which we were hoping to achieve ~ and just for the record I had eleven pints of cider hence the cross eyed photographs :lol: but still it was christmas ~ look forward to seeing everyone again soon :rolleyes: xx

• Replies 56
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Did'nt think that we would make it, but eventually we did get there.... LATE very Late, apologies to all :thumbsup:

Nice to see everyone after recent events, Thanks to everyone for their kind words and support for Phil and myself. But especially for Phil, Would also like to say Thanks for your cards and text msgs.

Well for the short time that we were there it looked as though the party was in full swing, the dance floor was full and it was nice to see everyone enjoying themselves and in a party mood, snow machine was also a good laugh never saw so many adults trying to get infront of it, :thumbsup: and Dawn how many did you have? :ohmy::no: LOL

Well done to Craig & Chalky, Dawn & Sue. Top Night. :thumbsup:

Oh and I've seen the pictures wink.gif:lol:

Sue & Phil

Yes we had a fab night thanks to all who supported this, Sue & Phil it does not matter what time you arrived the main thing is you did :thumbsup: after the past few weeks of sad news thanks for the support . sue are you sure you have seen all the pics :thumbsup: ......... what size

Here is some of what I remember playing.

Remember this was a party night with a good Motown crowd in, not a trophy , big ego night and bearing this in mind the dancefloor was rammed full most of the night. Some were requests.

Leave me alone - Baby washington - Sue

Take this heart of mine - Marvin Gaye - Tamla

The way you've been acting lately - Al Kent _ Ric Tic

Leaving here - Eddie Holland - Motown

Back in my arms again - Val Palmer- Twin Hits

The laws of love- The Volcanoes - Arctic

Reconsider - Brenda Holloway - Unreleased Motown

Ask any girl - The Supremes - Motown (Request Dawn)

Sugar Dumpling - Sam Cooke _ RCA (Request Sue)

Our love is in the pocket - Darrell Banks - Stateside

One way out - Martha & Vandellas - Gordy

I need someone - The Marvelettes - Tamla

She shook my world - The Flamingo's - Philips

Bring it up - James Brown - King (Tribute)

Starting the hurt all over again - Brenda Holloway - Tamla

Tune Up - JR Walker - Soul (Request)

There was a time - Gene Chandler - Brunswick (Request)

Soul self satisfaction- Earl Jackson - ABC

Gotta have your love - The Sapphires - ABC Paramount

I,m gonna change - The Velours - MGM

Just you girl - Jimmy Castor - Smash

Run for cover - The Dells - Cadet

Crazy Baby - The Coasters - Atco

Its a womans world - The Gypsies - Old Town

At the Discoteque - Chubby Checker - Parkway

Tell me who - The Five Stairsteps - Buddah

Daddy O - Theresa Lindsey - Golden World

Talk of the Grapevine - Donald Height - Shout (Request)

Last 2 of the night

Cant get over these memories - Jon & the Wierdest - Tie

Blowing out the candles - Joy Holden Magnum

Edited by Craig W
Guest Phil Richards

Yes we had a fab night thanks to all who supported this, Sue & Phil it does not matter what time you arrived the main thing is you did :thumbsup: after the past few weeks of sad news thanks for the support . sue are you sure you have seen all the pics :thumbsup: ......... what size

Well, I thought I had but now I've seen your post, obviously not......... so which ones have I missed Chalky? :thumbsup: or have you added some recently :thumbsup: and if they are the ones of my feet your in big trouble :thumbsup: with Sue :lol::ohmy::no:

Sue

Guest Phil Richards

THE ONES OF YOUR FEET :shades::ohmy: I MIGHT USE THE PICS ON THE MARCH CONNAUGHT SOUL NIGHT FLYER ... :thumbsup: PHILS OUR GUEST THAT NIGHT :no:

You do and you will be probably be making the biggest mistake of your life :boxing::sleep3: LOL :thumbsup:

Sue

Source Advert