Simon T profile photo

Mailers for 12" & 7"

Posted

I shall shortly be looking to buy some record mailers for 12"/PLs and 7", cheap but decent quality ones. Has anyone got any recommendations?

Does it really peeve anyone when they receive a record in a mailer that's in decent nick, but on it's "2nd use"?

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

it doesnt peeve me at all

I have bought dozens of records that have arrived in recycled mailers and I think it should be more widely adopted rather than "single use" only

you will have noticed the trend for recycling with water bottles and other items like is being publicised for Glastonbury this year

I believe that new ones should only be used if no alternative exists and I commend those that recycle their mailers

• Up vote 4

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I've got no issues in receiving a record in a second hand mailer, but do not expect to pay for the cost of the used mailer.

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)
On 25/06/2019 at 06:31, Paul Capon said:

For envelope style and cruciform mailers use

https://www.soundswholesaleltd.co.uk/catalog/seo_sitemap/category/

I went for soulwholesaleltd, the 12" envelope style one. 50 mailers & 100 stiffeners £28.99 and they did deliver within 48 hours at the "THIS ITEM HAS FREE SHIPPING TOTHE WHOLE OF THE UK" rate.

Edited by Simon T

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I got a record from France today, in a fookin Jiffy bag with a bit of card sellotaped to the sleeve, it actually shocked me cos this guy had 100 % feedback with a score of over 4000, I was shocked it wasn’t snapped , anyway I’ve always used soundwholesale, competitive price and great service

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
15 hours ago, garswood said:

I got a record from France today, in a fookin Jiffy bag with a bit of card sellotaped to the sleeve, it actually shocked me cos this guy had 100 % feedback with a score of over 4000, I was shocked it wasn’t snapped , anyway I’ve always used soundwholesale, competitive price and great service

Lucky escape, I bet Andy Rix wishes the Jiffy bag had never been invented. I once recieved a 7" in great big cornflakes box  turned in side out & folded over

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

https://www.soundswholesaleltd.co.uk/catalog/seo_sitemap/category/

bought again from   them  cheap & decent quality, despite being the least expensive on their site

THIS ITEM HAS FREE SHIPPING TO THE WHOLE OF THE UK  rate they advertise came in about 36 hours, this time.

Share this forum post

soul source url

Look At Your Box - Source Forum

Get into the record & soul music talk

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Record Spray Cleaner/mailers/sleeves
    Record Sales by Mike Shawe on Fri 10 Mar 2006
    • 1 / 592
    • mike shawe on 10 Mar 2006
  2. 7 Inch Mailers
    Record Wants by Guest GoodTaste on Thu 22 Mar 2007
    • 4 / 713
    • rupert on 22 Mar 2007
  3. Help For Record Mailers
    All About the SOUL by Lenny Harkins on Tue 20 Mar 2007
    • 8 / 617
    • Bearsy on 20 Mar 2007
  4. Record Mailers
    Record Wants by Dan on Wed 19 Jan 2011
    • 7 / 1501
    • Dan on 19 Jan 2011
  5. Strange Record Mailers
    All About the SOUL by Ralf Mehnert on Fri 18 May 2007
    • 10 / 952
    • Matt Male on 18 May 2007
  6. 7 Inch Cardboard Mailers & No Stiffeners
    Look At Your Box by soulontop on Wed 24 Aug 2011
    • 19 / 2088
    • Dranny on 29 Aug 2011
  7. Record Mailers
    Look At Your Box by Mick Reed on Fri 23 Nov 2007
    • 3 / 410
    • Pete60 on 23 Nov 2007

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.