Anyone attend these?

I found these 2 flyers and wondered if anyone remembers going to them?

Who was the creative artist on the Cleethorpes one?

Probably run off a few dozen on a Mimegraph machine, but how many actually are still around. No doubt someone collects them and will soon be appearing on the Antiques Road Show to find they go for 4 figures at Sotherbys.

cleeflyer.jpg

wirrinaflyer.jpg

• Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, Chalky said:

If you are parting with them Simon I'd be interested, or high quality res scan?

I don't think I'd part with them for sentimental reasons - belonged to my sister (RIP 1978) who would have attended. That aside do they have any monetary value, just curious?

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Yea I have just had a chat with Mary about the hand made flyers for Cleethorpes All- Dayer Flyer and the story goes that SHE hand drew them out her self and printed them off on a hand cranking printing machine and mailed them out fortnightly to all the members of the Soul Club, i have some of those myself some where but not many, some contained artist and titles of what would be getting played and if some of the Soul - Source devotes have any of these would be great to see them up here.

Cheers, Rick   

Social source share

On 09/08/2019 at 00:47, Tomangoes said:

I went to almost every nighter and dayer at the CWG.

First by train for the nighters, and then we ended up by hired coach for the dayers.

Happy times apart from the coach crash one weekend.....

You can be assured your sister had a great time.

Ed

Knowing my sister I'm sure she did! Regular at Wigan etc, on the bus from Boston.

Edited by Simon T
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

14 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

I went to almost every nighter and dayer at the CWG.

First by train for the nighters, and then we ended up by hired coach for the dayers.

Happy times apart from the coach crash one weekend.....

You can be assured your sister had a great time.

Ed

I remember that weekend well for all the wrong reasons, Was very sad weekend for us all when the news filtered through to the Winter Gardens.

Social source share

2 hours ago, Rick Scott said:

Yea I have just had a chat with Mary about the hand made flyers for Cleethorpes All- Dayer Flyer and the story goes that SHE hand drew them out her self and printed them off on a hand cranking printing machine and mailed them out fortnightly to all the members of the Soul Club, i have some of those myself some where but not many, some contained artist and titles of what would be getting played and if some of the Soul - Source devotes have any of these would be great to see them up here.

Cheers, Rick   

I knew it !!! Bless her, I bet she would use that for printing in those days and the mangel in the back garden in Lincoln for drying Colin's trousers :):)

Mangel.jpg

Social source share

3 hours ago, Rick Scott said:

Those After Dark Promotions Cleethorpes events that Stevegods put up were Steve Croft Promotions were they not? Correct me if i'm wrong.(Thanks for those bye the way)

There were a few people who tried to put Soul Nites on there after Mary Chapman i seem to remember 

The Soul Time was Alan Senior and Steve Croft (Clifton Hall the main venue), after they went their separate ways Steve Croft as you rightly say with his After Dark Promotion took on Cleethorpes.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!