Junction 34 (eggborough) Sat 20th Jan

Guest the dukester

Guest the dukester

Big thanks to Richard & Julie for the invite to DJ at the Junction 34 soul night, really enjoyed it, Nice Venue, good sound system, great across the board music policy, good responsive crowd in.

Talking to Richard on the night and the venue only been going a few months but me thinks he and Julie have a great soul night going so get yourself along and give it a try, im sure you will enjoy it.

Cheers

Dukesy :thumbsup:

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

IS THIS THE SAME DUKESY WHO WAS NOT TO RECENTLY PUTTING UP SNIDE POSTS & REPLIES SAYING THINGS LIKE " MIGHT GO TO DRAX & TAKE A SALES BOX WITH ME ". :D THIS OBVIOUSLY REFERING TO THE " RUMOURS " ABOUT PLAYING CD`S. :lol: FUNNY HOW ATTITUDES CHANGE ONCE PEOPLE ARE INVITED TO DJ AT THE VENUES. :P I KNOW IT`S NOT DRAX BUT IT`S SAME PROMOTORS, Dj`S & MUSIC POLICY SO BASICALLY IT IS. :thumbsup:

ANYWAY WE WERE AWAY FOR WEEKEND SO MISSED IT BUT I`M GLAD YOU ENJOYED IT & HOPE YOU BROUGHT SOMETHING NEW TO THE NIGHT (MUSICALLY) & I HOPE YOU RETURN AS A Dj (NOT SEEN YOU DO A SPOT) OR A PUNTER. :thumbsup:

SPOT. :yes:

Guest the dukester

IS THIS THE SAME DUKESY WHO WAS NOT TO RECENTLY PUTTING UP SNIDE POSTS & REPLIES SAYING THINGS LIKE " MIGHT GO TO DRAX & TAKE A SALES BOX WITH ME ". :unsure: THIS OBVIOUSLY REFERING TO THE " RUMOURS " ABOUT PLAYING CD`S. :yes: FUNNY HOW ATTITUDES CHANGE ONCE PEOPLE ARE INVITED TO DJ AT THE VENUES. :lol: I KNOW IT`S NOT DRAX BUT IT`S SAME PROMOTORS, Dj`S & MUSIC POLICY SO BASICALLY IT IS. :yes:

ANYWAY WE WERE AWAY FOR WEEKEND SO MISSED IT BUT I`M GLAD YOU ENJOYED IT & HOPE YOU BROUGHT SOMETHING NEW TO THE NIGHT (MUSICALLY) & I HOPE YOU RETURN AS A Dj (NOT SEEN YOU DO A SPOT) OR A PUNTER. :wicked:

SPOT. :wicked:

???? Hello there PETE,

Firstly sorry you missed it, it was a good night.

snide posts & replies saying things like... "MIGHT GO TO DRAX & TAKE A SALES BOX WITH ME"????

BELIEVE IT OR NOT...I DO TAKE IT WITH ME....... TO SELL RECORDS!! AND I SAID I MIGHT GO TO DRAX... TO BELIEVE IT OR NOT TO SELL SOME RECORDS!!

I believe I did join the thread on.... CD'S AT SOUL VENUES no getting away from that on a forum is there?

I havent got an attitude thanks, if I had it wouldnt change even if I didnt get invited to dj anywhere ever again.......My feelings are.. I still think always have and always will NO CD'S AT SOUL VENUES (NO DEBATE NEEDED THANKS)

As for Richard and Julie if you are trying to say I have issues with them............ see comments in red.. post below from 21st June 2005 :thumbsup:

See you Soon.

Dukesy

Jun 21 2005, 02:05 PM

av-2482.jpg

Getting spins again

pip.gifpip.gifpip.gifpip.gif

Group: Mint

Member No.: 2,482

Event:: DELIRIUM@ EASINGTON WELFARE HALL

play24.png

spacer.gif

QUOTE(Jamie @ Jun 21 2005, 09:56 AM)You being a DJ/Promoter/International Superstar :D Dukesy, where do you stand on the matter?

We both know of guys and events that we've played at where boots have been played.

I've played boots when I first started out. I was given some records and didn't really have a clue what I was doing, the latter part is still very accurate today :lol:

Now I'm more aware, I try to do things a certain way. Not everyone agrees, and no-one ever will.

People 'collect' and 'DJ' at different levels and that is reflected in their opinions on this subject.

I do things my way, I'm not concerned about anyone else :D

See you soon fella,

Jamie :wicked:

post_snapback.gif

HEY UP KID, OW YA DOING, SORRY FOR THE DELAY, MEETING AT WORK, THEN COULDNT GET BACK ON THE BLOODY SITE FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON

WELL THIS HAS TURNED OUT TO BE A LIVELY ONE, GETTING SCARY NOW!!! CANT WE ESCAPE THE MORONIC PERSONAL COMMENTS??

IM A VINYL ONLY MAN AT SOUL DO'S, HAVING SAID THAT ITS UP TO THE INDIVIDUAL WHAT HE CHOOSES TO PLAY, IF I GET INVITED TO A VENUE AND THEY PLAY CD'S AS LONG AS I PLAY FROM MY BOX IM HAPPY. YOUR RIGHT, NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO SOMEONE WILL ALWAYS HAVE CONTRARY OPINIONS.

I DJ AT A LOT OF SCOOTER EVENTS AND IF THERE IS NO STAGE AND IM ON THE DANCEFLOOR AREA I WILL GET OUT THE CD'S ( THE DANCING GETS QUITE EXCITABLE YOU KNOW!!) BUT THEN AGAIN ITS NOT JUST SOUL MUSIC ON THE SCOOTER SCENE.... I DIGRESS.

ONE COMMENT IS CORRECT ON ONE POST, THE LOCAL DJ'S WHO WANT TO DJ AT YOUR EVENT, MAY BRING BOOTS, RE ISSUES AND THERE GOOD GUYS SO LET THEM DO IT.....THIS BRINGS UP ANOTHER POINT PEOPLE WILL SLAG OFF "THE VENUE" FOR ALLOWING THIS ( NO WINNERS IN THE END)

IVE MET THE GUY AND HIS GOOD LADY WHO RUN DRAX AND ALL THEIR EFFORTS SEEMED TO HAVE RESULTED IN A SUCCESFUL SOUL VENTURE, AND LONG MAY IT CONTINUE.

ONE FURTHER POINT JAMIE, MATTY SAYS HE HASNT BEEN ON THE SITE COS HE CANT REMEMBER HIS PASSWORD/USER.... BUT WATCH THIS SPACE.

Guest the dukester

IS THIS THE SAME DUKESY WHO WAS NOT TO RECENTLY PUTTING UP SNIDE POSTS & REPLIES SAYING THINGS LIKE " MIGHT GO TO DRAX & TAKE A SALES BOX WITH ME ". :unsure: THIS OBVIOUSLY REFERING TO THE " RUMOURS " ABOUT PLAYING CD`S. :yes: FUNNY HOW ATTITUDES CHANGE ONCE PEOPLE ARE INVITED TO DJ AT THE VENUES. :lol: I KNOW IT`S NOT DRAX BUT IT`S SAME PROMOTORS, Dj`S & MUSIC POLICY SO BASICALLY IT IS. :yes:

ANYWAY WE WERE AWAY FOR WEEKEND SO MISSED IT BUT I`M GLAD YOU ENJOYED IT & HOPE YOU BROUGHT SOMETHING NEW TO THE NIGHT (MUSICALLY) & I HOPE YOU RETURN AS A Dj (NOT SEEN YOU DO A SPOT) OR A PUNTER. :wicked:

SPOT. :wicked:

After a lot of searching here is the comment you may have been refering to.......Snide??????????????

av-2482.jpg

Getting spins again

pip.gifpip.gifpip.gifpip.gif

Group: Mint

Member No.: 2,482

Event:: DELIRIUM@ EASINGTON WELFARE HALL

play24.png

spacer.gif

Thinking of going to Drax this Friday (it is this friday 'int' it? :lol: )

First time for us (first chance Ive had to go!!)

Just wondering if its worth taking a box of records for sale? Could some kind soul let me know please :thumbsup:

Cheers and looking forward to it,

Dukesy :wicked:

--------------------

DELIRIUM SOUL AT THE WELLY

MAYBE I READ YOUR COMMENTS OUT OF CONTEXT & ALSO SNIDE WAS PROBABLY NOT THE WORD I WAS LOOKING FOR. :thumbsup: GLAD YOU HAVE STRONG PRINCIPLES & YOU STICK WITH THEM. :good: HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND IT`S (DRAX) WHAT GOT US BACK INTO IT & AS OUR LOCAL I FEEL VERY PROTECTIVE TOWARDS VENUE & PROMOTORS, AS NO DOUBT YOU DO WITH YOUR LOCAL. :thumbsup::thumbsup::sleep3:

SPOT. :thumbsup:

p.s. GLIB WAS PROBABLY A BETTER WORD, I THINK. :yes:

Source Advert