• Replies 21
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Help anyone?

Last one on ebay went for about 12 GBP. Is this the current going rate?

Thanks in advance,

christian

Hi Christian, I sold one on Ebay a couple of years ago for £50.00 which was a Red copy, there are also Yellow copies i think, not sure which is the hardest to locate, a very under played under rated quality Chicago record that i've had for many years, like so many records out there this one has yet to have it's day as a huge record on the scene, it's quality should demand a much higher selling price and if someone got it for £12.00 then they had a bit of a bargain i think, i have played this record on my show and out and about a few times and it always creates reaction like "what the hell is this.....it's brilliant"

A top tune no question has it all.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Hi Christian, I sold one on Ebay a couple of years ago for £50.00 which was a Red copy, there are also Yellow copies i think, not sure which is the hardest to locate, a very under played under rated quality Chicago record that i've had for many years, like so many records out there this one has yet to have it's day as a huge record on the scene, it's quality should demand a much higher selling price and if someone got it for £12.00 then they had a bit of a bargain i think, i have played this record on my show and out and about a few times and it always creates reaction like "what the hell is this.....it's brilliant"

A top tune no question has it all.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

YEP I AGREE WITH THAT,THE RED ONE IS THE HARDER ISSUE AND HAS STAYED ROUND ABOUT THE £50 QUID MARK.YELLOW ONES ABOUT £20.

BAZ A.

Social source share

Help anyone?

Last one on ebay went for about 12 GBP. Is this the current going rate?

Thanks in advance,

christian

Hi Christian, Here's the red issue/stock copy, hope it helps, as confirmed there are also yellow copies out there, not sure if there were Demo's which would look nice?

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

post-1475-1171458336_thumb.jpg

Social source share

oops,had two copies of this about a year ago,the red issue and the yellow issue.......you guessed it sold the red one,think I got £40 for it.

I sold a not brilliant condition red copy 3 or 4 years ago, to a very well known DJ and record dealer, for £100 (!). Gotta admit I was extremely surprised (and happy :thumbsup: ) to get this for it, but I thought he must know summat I didn't and that maybe he was gonna hammer it and make it big. A belting, top quality tune IMO and one I've played out a few times always to good response. Went down v well @ Valatone! The only reason I sold it was cos I've got another better condition red one in the box.

Steve

Social source share

I sold a not brilliant condition red copy 3 or 4 years ago, to a very well known DJ and record dealer, for £100 (!). Gotta admit I was extremely surprised (and happy :thumbsup: ) to get this for it, but I thought he must know summat I didn't and that maybe he was gonna hammer it and make it big. A belting, top quality tune IMO and one I've played out a few times always to good response. Went down v well @ Valatone! The only reason I sold it was cos I've got another better condition red one in the box.

Steve

So £50.00 to £75.00 would be a reasonable ticket price for like you say this very under rated, under played Chicago gem, should be a huge record IMO.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

So £50.00 to £75.00 would be a reasonable ticket price for like you say this very under rated, under played Chicago gem, should be a huge record IMO.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Fantastic record, here is the Yellow and the Red, I've never seen a DEMO.

I Can't Take It, Baby - The Fabulous Dimensions - Sapphire

14743 refosoul Sapphire_1025_A_Y.jpgSapphire_1025_A_R.jpg

I hope you find a copy Christian :thumbsup:

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Ey up Mark

I think on quality alone its got to be worth that. (And for anyone after one, I think Roger used to have a few in stock but probably all gone in the mists of time).

You're the man to make it a big tune m8, get it played!

all the best - steve

Social source share

Ey up Mark

I think on quality alone its got to be worth that. (And for anyone after one, I think Roger used to have a few in stock but probably all gone in the mists of time).

all the best - steve

14743 refosoul Refosoul Rare and Northern Soul Clip library

Definitely a record to watch for the future, should have been a bigger tune. :thumbsup:

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Ey up Mark

all the best - steve

Need to DJ to do that...lol i've played it on the show a few times over the years though, i'm starting to do a few gigs from March (i hate the Winter...lol so only start coming out in the Spring) I'm pretty sure a few other DJ's have this beauty tucked away for a rainy day so perhaps it already started raining for this one...lol .......Let's get it played nice and loud!

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Fantastic record, here is the Yellow and the Red, I've never seen a DEMO.

14743 refosoul Sapphire_1025_A_Y.jpgSapphire_1025_A_R.jpg

I hope you find a copy Christian shades.gif

here's my demo. I always find it on yellow for some reason (still don't have it on red), but the Tenth Dimensions is always red.

post-5120-1171469814_thumb.jpg

Social source share

wow, didn't expect this to become such a big thread. anyway, i'm still searching,

no one out there, who has doubles or wants to part with his copy? otherwise i have to wait for my chance on ebay....

thanks,

christian

Hi Christian

Haven't forgot you Mate, I have just been looking on GEMM & Music Stack etc, nothing yet, Hope you find one.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

this is what I sold my last copies for..in 2006

now not easy to locate

FABULOUS DIMENSIONS

I CAN'T TAKE IT, BABY same: instrumental SAPPHIRE 1025 DJ 100.00

I CAN'T TAKE IT, BABY same:instrumental SAPPHIRE 1025 red label 75.00

I CAN'T TAKE IT, BABY same: instrumental SAPPHIRE 1025 yellow label 60.00

Social source share

wow, didn't expect this to become such a big thread. anyway, i'm still searching,

no one out there, who has doubles or wants to part with his copy? otherwise i have to wait for my chance on ebay....

thanks,

christian

==========

i had this in my sales box ,,think i ended up giving it away...

never missed it as i didnt like it sadly -

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Superb sound. Both Dave A and myself spun it frequently down here years ago to unfortunately, crowds who didn't appreciate it.

Can't remember whether I sold my Red issue or not but a sound thats worth looking for at 6.50 in the morning to check :wicked: ...............and I must have had a rush of s*** to the brain coz I think it went sad.gif

Social source share

Source Advert