J C (Tom Paddison) R. I. P.

Go to solution Solved by Christine Coley,

Well known on this site as JC as he had very long Hair and Bushy Beard. He was always up on the stage at The Cleethorpes Pier

and Winter Gardens with his note book and pen keeping his fingers on the pulse, once seen never forgotten, him and Bub were always knocking the Whiskey back they sneaked in usually sat on the frond of the stage at the Gardens, He Sadly passed away

on Wed 15th after a Short Illness, his Sister rang me on Sunday (19th) and asked me to let anyone that knew Tom Know of this sad news

Rick

• Thanks 1
Social source share

Very sad news Rick, like you known Tom for many years, DJ'd with him, and his knowledge of soul music was second to none. Have a photo of Tom on stage at the last Winter Gardens 2007 somewhere, and last spoke to him in the High Street a few months ago. At the Scooter rally this weekend, so will let those who have not heard know. Hope you are keeping well Rick.

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

This pic on ss. Please confirm Rick.

2 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

Yep That Is Tom * Wonderful Picture By the way and just sums Tom up as we all remembers him * He will be sorely missed, R.I.P. will post up the funeral details when his Sister Diane gets back in touch with me.

Rick 

Social source share

Hello everyone, 

Thanks for giving me the website, Rick. It's much appreciated. 

I'm Michaela, Tom's niece. 
It's wonderful to see he's well loved by friends as well as family. 

My mother has spoken to Rick and given him the arrangements to pass along but I wanted to introduce myself. 
The service will be held at Woodlands Crematorium, Scunthorpe @ 10:40 on the 14th July. Refreshments to follow at Redbourn Club, Cemetery Road, Scunthorpe from 11:30. 

Social source share

Very sad to read that Tom has died. I only met him once, at a all day get together for the Carms R&B group. Very nice guy, knew his soul really well. He was active on the old Keeping The Faith Yahoo group.

RIP Tom Paddison.

• Thanks 1
Social source share

Update on Toms Funeral Arrangements via his sister Diane 

Funeral Service at Scunthorpe Crematorium Thursday 14th July 10:40 AM (DN1715P)

Then on to The Redbourn Club Cemetery Road Scunthorpe (DN161NU)  to reflect on all things Tom

Post Codes Supplied for those Traveling that using Sat. Navs.

Rick

Edited by Rick Scott
Input of Day Of Funeral
Social source share

very sad news,

Tom was an early years member on here, with his own very much unique style of posting

such as for a while he used to sign off his posts with the below

'bless jc tom paddison the messiah of northern soul'

RIP Tom

• Up vote 2
Social source share

22 hours ago, Rick Scott said:

Yep That Is Tom * Wonderful Picture By the way and just sums Tom up as we all remembers him * He will be sorely missed, R.I.P. will post up the funeral details when his Sister Diane gets back in touch with me.

Rick 

Characters are to be cherished.....hope he re unites with David Buttle.

If memory serves me right, did Tom also have a special shuffle type signature dance?

Ed

Social source share

8 hours ago, Geoff said:

Very sad to read that Tom has died. I only met him once, at a all day get together for the Carms R&B group. Very nice guy, knew his soul really well. He was active on the old Keeping The Faith Yahoo group.

RIP Tom Paddison.

Never had the pleasure of meeting Tom in person I don't think but remember his fantastic contributions to the KTF list well. Very sorry to hear this and my condolences to his family and friends. RIP.

Martin

Social source share

5 minutes ago, Tomangoes said:

If memory serves me right, did Tom also have a special shuffle type signature dance?

I once asked him if he ever graced the dance floor ? he answered, only with my fingers, showing me little dance moves with his fingers, make to that what you will 🙂

Social source share

• 4 months later...
  • Solution

So very sad to hear about Tom. We were very close friends and stayed in contact over the years. I only realised something was wrong when Tom didn't send us birthday cards - yes, he was that one person who never forgot - this year. 
I met him when I worked at Vallances, Scunthorpe, in the late 1970s. He taught me everything (most I've now forgotten!) about soul music and introduced me to many fascinating people. Rick Scott - I remember you well!
I moved about a bit when I went to uni and took jobs in other places and had my family. Tom and I often met up even then and he would visit for weekends and stayed at my place for a few months when I was living in Hull. We briefly lost contact when I first moved to Scotland but thankfully we had the last few years of regular letters - including  presents for my 24 year old son who has autism. Tom was very kind to Tristram and despite only seeing him once as a baby he assumed the role of honorary uncle to Tris.
I will miss him dreadfully but thankfully I have a great many wonderful memories of our long and enduring friendship.
To any family members reading this, I extend my sympathies.

Edited by Christine Coley
typo
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Tom was indeed a very special person and loved by many. He often spoke of you and we visited Nizam and Christine Ullah a few times when I was living in Scunthorpe. Tom also let me know of Nizam passing way too soon :( 
We actually didn't talk much about music in later years but reached that lovely comfortable level of friendship where we could share the same space for hours without saying much. There will never be another Tom.
I realise his passing will have created a huge hole in your life as well. I hope life has been kind to you Rick. Take care.

Christine
(Or "Seedy" (CD) as Tom (JC) used to call me. )

• Thanks 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!