Funk 45 Experts? - Sounds Of Shea on Wendy

Brando

Hi all,

Curious if there are any funk 45 collectors here that can offer their thoughts, or steer me towards a good forum (more focused on 70's Funk 45s) where I might find some folks knowledgeable on the matter. 

I found this one a while back and have yet to see it mentioned or sold aside from one copy a few years ago on Ebay. It seems like a pretty good record if you're in to this type of raw jammy funk, but it's not really what I tend to collect so I'm thinking of letting it go. I've had a couple offers, but am curious if they are reasonable, or people just looking to flip. I guess I'm trying to get a valuation or general input from the funk experts. If that's you, is this a desirable record? It's certainly scarce.

20220906_094228.thumb.jpg.b66df37b1e799e3643c5d2f0a281d8f7.jpg

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Brando....if you have just put this up for sale on discogs I have just paid for it. If not there is another copy out there. I'm a suckered for funk 45s with a party going on in the background. A  friend of mine had a copy but sold it a few years ago, it wasn't his sound. I don't think he sold it for a huge amount. I did hear of another copy, a dealer I have bought from a few times had a copy for around the same price as the discogs copy, but I was short of funds. The one on discogs was 500usd, expensive, but a fair price I think....I hope this helps.. mind you 4 collectors on discogs own it. Kind regards, Ben

Social source share

Cut at Omega Recording Studios for Omega Rec Services. From 1968 to 85 this was @ 10518 Connecticut Ave.
Kensington, MD 20795. Lots of top DC funk & soul acts cut there;- Trouble Funk, Billy Brady (an engineer @ the studio), Plunky & Oneness of JuJu, Fania All-Stars, the 3 Pieces, Butch Dayo, Crosswind (Al Johnson was involved with them), Impact, Phil Flowers, East Coast Offering, Kokomos, Expression and many more. Frank Hooker (of Young Senators & Frank Hooker & Positive People) produced some stuff at the studio. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert