Track Id .. Possibly A 'popcorn' Favourite?

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I don't but it's great isn't it! :unsure: I know who I can ask though... I'll come back to you.

I've got a vinyl carver of it from blank acetate,,,off a guy in Belgium...who dosen't know who it is either. It took me years to even find the correct title. I played it at the Hideaway in January

Edited by NASHEE
Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

"Strawberries Don't Know Cherries" - ? -

14983 refosoul

Anyone know who this ?

Sounds vaguely like Carmen McRae?? I know who the songwriters and publishers are for this one but the artist is alluding me...where's Tony Rounce when you need him :unsure: Sounds a bit like 'Help the Poor' by BB King....Jo

Edited by vinylvixen
Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Sounds vaguely like Carmen McRae I know who the songwriters and publishers are for this one but the artist is alluding me...where's Tony Rounce when you need him :unsure: Sounds a bit like 'Help the Poor' by BB King....Jo

Perhaps Shirley Horn?? The orchestration is too lush to be anything but a major label...New York - '61-'62 - cha-cha?? this is a great track, BTW. Jo

Edited by vinylvixen
Social source share

that's a guess based on the bmi by the way. why not try contacting her family? they might be able to tell you?

She died in 2005...I wrote to her husband.....alas no reply

Social source share

maybe try phoning him or her kids/publishers?

she wrote it and was a singer so there's a good chance it was her i guess

Dan...apart from saving up for a full page add in an American newspaper...there aint nothing I havent tried.

If I was well off, I can assure you I would have resorted to offering bribes by now :thumbsup:

how sad is that?

Social source share

Dan...apart from saving up for a full page add in an American newspaper...there aint nothing I havent tried.

If I was well off, I can assure you I would have resorted to offering bribes by now :unsure:

how sad is that?

ha ha been there. know how you feel :thumbsup:

what about - seriously - calling the newspaper where she died (new york?) and telling them all about it? 'desperate english soul fan trying to track down relatives of estelle loring to clear up amazing mystery about record' sort of thing might appeal to them. worked for me with the washington post re shrine (this is worth reading if you've not seen it before: Washington Post Shrine story

good luck anyway - great fun trying to find these guys/track stuff down, hope it works out

Social source share

ha ha been there. know how you feel :thumbsup:

what about - seriously - calling the newspaper where she died (new york?) and telling them all about it? 'desperate english soul fan trying to track down relatives of estelle loring to clear up amazing mystery about record' sort of thing might appeal to them. worked for me with the washington post re shrine (this is worth reading if you've not seen it before: Washington Post Shrine story

good luck anyway - great fun trying to find these guys/track stuff down, hope it works out

Excellent idea. They write a good article too....thanks Dan

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Thats the guy who told me to mind my own business

The more I listen, the more I don't know who the artist can be (well I have a couple of hunches but all wrong) :thumbsup::yes: One day, all will be revealed.... :rolleyes: Jo

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

so did i follow correctly, no one knows the artist then? lovely track anyway :thumbsup:

Hi Mik....none of us have got a clue...just a bit of an idea. But Linda is onto it and will reveal all soon :lol: Jo

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert