The Pasadenas

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Guest WPaulVanDyk

I know a lot of you are gonna be sick of this as you will say more soul crap but i don't care as i thought we could still share how good this band actually were.

i myself love hearing Riding On a Train and Tribue (Right on) could almost see it now an 80's soul night

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Gavin Page

I know a lot of you are gonna be sick of this as you will say more soul crap but i don't care as i thought we could still share how good this band actually were.

i myself love hearing Riding On a Train and Tribue (Right on) could almost see it now an 80's soul night

So many good UK soul bands that were just over looked at this time. Always a big fan o Losse Ends as well :lol:

Social source share

I always loved this band too! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Jamie

IMHO thought they were aimed at the commercial soul market, and in that light thought they did reasonably well.

Though I'm not sure as to which 80's soul nights would have had them on their playlists.

Quite possibly Motown Gold nights...

Social source share

Always thought they were a good band too. Their first album was excellent (including Tribute and a good version of Living In the Footsteps of Another Man), whilst their second was an album of covers produced by Ian Levine (I think).

And best of all, also look out for Around and Around from 1995.

Maybe not rare soul, maybe 'commercial' but still good quality music.

Cheers

Steve.

Social source share

Guest Dodger

Always thought they were a good band too. Their first album was excellent (including Tribute and a good version of Living In the Footsteps of Another Man), whilst their second was an album of covers produced by Ian Levine (I think).

And best of all, also look out for Around and Around from 1995.

Maybe not rare soul, maybe 'commercial' but still good quality music.

Cheers

Steve.

Agreed. Their first album was great but unfortunately when Levine got hold of them it went tits up for them. Agree on the 1995 track, their finest moment, great production and strings, but it's called 'Round & Round' not 'Around & Around' (for Googling purposes!!) :thumbsup:

Social source share

Ooooh, this is one of my favourite 'modern' bands for sure! I've got loads of their stuff if there's anything in particular you want. I can upload them for you :lol:

Social source share

Guest sigher the gutter snype

i thought their first couple of efforts were pretty ok

and im not a snob but would still dance to them if played now

what ever happened to them and those 1950's early 60's quiffs, they looked well cool

even david james tried to sport a bit of a retro slick 1960's look the other week for pompey

he's a local boy and i regulary scored goals against him as a youth.

if any one wants to know his nickname was TUCKOO and i bet if you go to a game now and shout that he will take a second look!!!!

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

The Paadenas was last seen by me and most people on Hit Me Baby One More time in 2005 but believe maybe they still tour not sure on new releases maybe the odd greatest hits

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert