A few recent mixes to see out the last week of April

Scotters

Sharing a few recent mixes I've been forgetting to post each time I upload weekly in Mixcloud. Playlists to follow when I get round to it...sometimes it's better to not know what's coming up next.

1. WHAT GOOD AM I - Mostly mid tempo 60's & 70's:

Leading this mix with a recent (and long overdue!) 45 purchase I was lucky to spot in one of Dave Halsall's sales boxes at Soul Essence weekender this month, lovely condition promo of the amazing Jaibi 'What good am I' from 1967 on KAPP Records. Tough act to follow, but plenty of other quality 45's and LP only tracks in here, some leaning to the funkier side of soul, mostly mid paced but fast enough for dancing if you wanna.. deep enough to hurt at times if you need that too!

2. LOVE TOLL:

Turning the tempo up a notch, starting this one with some 45's at the funkier end of the soul spectrum, including some previously unreleased tracks, then drifting into some modern and other soul faves and finishing with a few recent releases.

3. SWEET & DEEP FROM SE 39:

Penultimate spot at the penultimate Soul Essence in the famous 'Jim Wray Lounge'.
Big thanks again to Dave Halsall for inviting me to play a few slower sides and to those who listened in. Thankfully no red card for the half time 'interval' of a couple soulful reggae sides to get me through! Wonderful afternoon as always, busiest I can recall in the lounge, then much needed curry / beers and dancing in main room until 3am! Some things in life you just don't ever want to end!! Until next time, the finale!

4. WHAT WILL YOU LEAVE BEHIND - 21st Century Soul...with a message:

....and finally, a modern 'Soul with a message' mix to soak in some positive vibes! Kicking this one off with the brilliant new release by Bella Brown & The Jealous Lovers on LRK Records then slowly turning the tempo up with some uplifting faves, some midtempo modern gospel tracks and including a couple soulful cuts leaning to the jazz side of things. Mostly releases from the last year or two with a couple of slightly older faves...and as always some light and shade...such is life, such is soul music!

Thanks for looking / listening :)

Edited by Scotters
Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source