Phil Lynskey and "Soul House" record lists

Candiman

Have just been looking through some old record lists I used to get back in the 70s. Good fun looking up the ones I marked but didn't get and others that I missed, or have since bought. Of course I was buying blind then mostly (and wasn't deeply into the scene it has to be said - punk and disco turned my head around then for a while) so it was all pot luck really.  

One of the regular ones I got was "Soul House" run by Phil Lynskey in Wakefield.

Did/does anybody here know Phil, and whether he continued to be a dealer? Looking around the internet it seems he had a YouTube channel that went quiet about a year ago, and putting two and two together from a couple of references to a "Phil Lynskey" I fear he my have passed away last year.       

Social source share

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 7
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

I knew a Phil Lynsky who used to frequent Wakefield Intercon circa late 70's early 80's.Also another Phil was a close friend of his Phil Riley also of Wakefield. At the time I wasn't aware of him compiling soul music lists. He was a really nice guy. sad to hear of him passing. Fred Ward, an old Huddersfield "Soulie" R.I.P.Phil.

Edited by Mr Fred
Social source share

• 1 month later...

A couple more selections from old Soul House lists. This time from list#15 January '78. I read somewhere (probably on here) that Phil had his head turned by Punk. The front page of this list would appear to back that up. Funny, I thought it was just a joke at the time, Phil copying the numerous Punk fanzines that had popped up around then. This was the last list of his I got. Not sure whether this was because it was the last one he produced or that I just stopped getting them (I had had my head turned by Punk, and along with Reggae and Disco 12s there wasn't really any money left to spend on blind buys from Soul lists).     

First selection were mostly 40p on the list. Not really any Northern on this mix, but plenty of top quality Soul and a bit of Funk.

Second selection features records that were 75p - £2 on the list. Some Northern on this one.

SoulHouse15page1.thumb.jpg.094cfaeecc0661ffed42bc379c71d194.jpg

SoulHouse15page2.thumb.jpg.8b8ddc1d89b3b5636292047a23294a1a.jpg

Edited by Candiman
spelling, and correcting embeds.
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert