Sonny Childe - A Thing Called Love

Can anybody shed any light on this white label record / 'test pressing'?
There is the following matrix in the deadwax on the other side, which is by The Elders Consolidated;
DS/W-170-1

IMG_5351.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi Dennis, Happy New Year!  Sonny Childe aka R.B. Greaves was related to Sam Cooke, his cousin I think. He came over to the UK and had releases on Decca and Polydor, which I imagine you are aware of. He also appears to have had a couple of releases on US Music Factory. Although there was no UK release on MF they may have been UK  recordings. No info on your record. This sounds like I'm a proper anorak! I promise you I'm not.   Rich

Social source share

Is it a known song (A THING CALLED LOVE) or a new tune with a previously used title ?

Sonny's father was career military, so he lived on many US bases in my different countries. He came to the UK sometime between 1960 & 1963 to perform as a singer. He played the Star-Club in Hamburg early on during his time in the UK / Europe but didn't land a record deal till summer 65. With the TNT he played all over the UK ...  

SonnyChildeApril67Cromer2.jpg

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

3 hours ago, Roburt said:

Is it a known song (A THING CALLED LOVE) or a new tune with a previously used title ?

Sonny's father was career military, so he lived on many US bases in my different countries. He came to the UK sometime between 1960 & 1963 to perform as a singer. He played the Star-Club in Hamburg early on during his time in the UK / Europe but didn't land a record deal till summer 65. With the TNT he played all over the UK ...  

SonnyChildeApril67Cromer2.jpg

Thanks for that.
Yes, I noticed the Live Shows listed on 45cat when I linked Sonny Childe with The Elders Consolidated.
As for your comment "Is it a known song (A THING CALLED LOVE) or a new tune with a previously used title?", I don't know the answer to either of those questions?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert