Upfront Funk Edged Northern/R&B

Little K And His Internationals - The Squable (AW-Wilderness) Ex £150

You’ve heard the P.W. and The Stran (and maybe even the U.T.) but let me introduce you to ‘The Squable’ by Little K though not Little Stanley. Arguably as rare too, the few copies that have surfaced seem to have changed hands privately between RSF and other upfront DJs, it’s had some turntable thanks to Gospel Bob so I’m told.  Has everything needed to crossover to the wider rare soul/northern scene (just listen to that intro) and when it does expect the price to comfortably double. 

https://youtu.be/z8apvytM2uE?si=79cbyJk2BdHWUpNt

R.L. Griffin And The Pacesetters - If i Didn’t Know Better (Ride) Ex £75

Been known for some years to those in the know on the Mod/R&B scenes but just one YT upload from Callum Simpson says it’s still very much under the radar. Why oh why has this been ignored by the wider rare soul scene? Killer funk edged R&B that to me seems a perfect nighter sound and is certainly bang on for now. Tough 45 to obtain.

https://youtu.be/aSrl3DJt17Y?si=bt6t8VIOOPu7Mx8-

Aalon Butler And The New Breed - It’s Got To Be Something/Please Give Me One More Chance (PKC) Ex £25

The best known and most common of the three for sale, but like the above this one still feels criminally underplayed. Full on, relentless funk edged northern and do right for now. Most copies seem to have water damaged labels and apart from one small pen mark this one is as clean as you’ll ever see! Oh fabulous deep soul flip too!

PayPal as friends and family or add 4%.

Postage UK £4.00 registered and insured, £8 special delivery, Europe £9.50 tracked and signed. USA £12 tracked and signed.

DM or email gspluck@aol.com to reserve or for more information. 

Please note I do not hold records for more than 12 hours unless agreed in advance.

BD5F8736-9A51-46C6-ACA9-0FC7887B5F04.jpeg

7CDAF9E8-C983-4C51-ACFF-ACED5263478C.jpeg

A0A44222-95D9-4422-87E2-DF47B63ECC77.jpeg

Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Get involved with Soul Source