St. Louis Double Sider

Posted (edited)

Just the one tonight, and what a beauty too!

Happy to send additional images or sound files. PM any questions or to reserve.

Fabulous Four – If I knew / Everybody’s got have a heart – Peak 16456 M- £200

Fair to say this is better known on the SAINTMO label, but here we have the local release on Peak, which I am sure many will be unfamiliar with. No idea what the story is, but the SAINTMO label release of this stunning double sider was a step change in the short label catalogue. The previous 3 releases, all attributed to the ‘Sounds Four’ were 201, 202, 203, whereas this was numbered 300, and the group became the ‘Fabulous Four’.

The owner of SAINTMO and Peak, was Oscar Washington who operated out of St. Louis, Missouri. He met a tragic end, not the usual shooting we occasionally find with the people who brought Northern to us, but seemingly killed off by his son and buried in his own garden! His son after cashing in cheques against Oscars accounts for whole year was killed in a road accident, under what circumstances I have no idea, and a crime was never pinned. Charles was also owner of the Citations – Keep the faith – Ballad label.

Both sides are superb Northern tracks, the flipside ‘If I knew’ a mid-paced dancer hanging off group harmonies. The topside, happens to be a very accomplished slowie, ideal for the growing lowrider set, again backed nicely by the group. The few copies to show up on Peak are, on the whole beaten up and with writing on labels to overwrite the Peak label name with SAINTMO. Not seen a sale for a few years, last on FB in 2021 at £200 with graffiti! This copy though is a bobby dazzler, clean vinyl, plays superb and immaculate unblemished labels, look no further for condition, condition, condition, and there won’t be many that can boast this.

IMG_E6860.thumb.JPG.0b73c43a1eb44f36f146e4112bb6bb51.JPG IMG_E6861.thumb.JPG.d13c55ca5a066edf1b71a5b0ca1125cb.JPG

PayPal by friends please or add 4%, or bank transfer.

Postage:

£4.45 – 1st Class Signed for <500g (Insured to £50 only, buyers choice)

£5.20 – UK Tracked and Signed 24 Hour <750g (Insured to £150)

£8.15 – Special Delivery <500g (Fully insured up to £750)

Overseas on Request

ATB, Lee

Edited by Soulfulsolutions
Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Get involved with Soul Source