Photography

Guest MattB

Guest MattB

I have been into photography for a fair while now but recently ive started to take it more seriously, i have a Nikon DSLR and i was thinking of taking it down to a soul gig to shoot some pics, good idea? bad idea? Would you mind if someone took a pic of you dancing or just general shots while you were out? Just i dont wanna offend anyone but im finding that with my day to day life i dont get to get the camera out enough. Any other photographers here?

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Bearsy

Matt, I take my camera out with me and snap away all night and i only find that the odd and i mean very odd person dont like you take thier picture, most people really put a pose on for you and enjoy it, even better if you post them on here in the gallery as everybody looks through them and hope to see themselves in there.

give it a try

Bearsy

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

you could take the pictures with the flash off and bring the brightness up with paint shop etc , that way you don;t startle anyone

Social source share

Just something to look out for,has happened to me one or twice.

Used the camera outdoors in maybe not the best of weather,even early moring dew type thing and then used at a night do and the pics come out covered in spots,a might disappointing if you know what I mean.

So,got some digi camera lense cleaners,look like cotton buds,always clean the lense before night use and hey presto,crackin'pics.

As for people mindin',ya jokin man,lets face it most of us on the scene were once posers and still are,wouldn't be the only one on the floor sometimes if we weren't

Also visit Eddies soul site and Dave "snapper Ledham's pics,cheers,John. :yes:

Social source share

I photograph anyone and everyone at soul do's :yes: Prestatyn I came back with nigh on 400, a lot of whom I knew but just as many random people :D I get really bossy and get them posing, they love it!

Personally I would so love an SLR but I know it would so get in my way... my little casio fits neatly in my bag when I have to suddenly chuck it away to run to the dance floor :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest MattB

Thats exactly the thing, i know if i took it out id have to be extra careful and it would be a bit of a lug, i think i might give it a try when i go to brighton beach in leicesterk, that way i might catch some obscure faces!

Social source share

My favourite subject is flowers... they just look so great on film...

This was a recent one I took using the inbuilt macro mode :thumbsup: Isn't it beautiful.

CIMG6538.JPG

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

My favourite subject is flowers... they just look so great on film...

This was a recent one I took using the inbuilt macro mode :thumbsup: Isn't it beautiful.

CIMG6538.JPG

smells nice too :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Spinning Vinyl

I like my photography as well :thumbsup:

But would defo be on the other side of the lense, especially because I usually look ruff as hell :thumbsup:

So I stick to my favourite subject Dogs :lol:

Under23Final1.jpg

Kaiatcompression.jpg

Since moving from London am a proper Northern Lad now aint I laugh.gif

Social source share

Guest MattB
Guest johnm

I can't see your pics, that site is not viewable at work. I'll check them out when I get home. What's a DOF? biggrin.gif

depth of field............. :thumbsup:

Social source share

I like my photography as well thumbsup.gif

But would defo be on the other side of the lense, especially because I usually look ruff as hell :thumbsup:

So I stick to my favourite subject Dogs :shades:

Under23Final1.jpg

Kaiatcompression.jpg

Since moving from London am a proper Northern Lad now aint I :shades:

You young whippet snapper you......... :P

Social source share

I take my camera out to just about every do I go to & then stick them up here. I've not known anyone not like having their picture taken, though I now have a few friends who like to vet them before they go up here, as they have given me some aggro about unflattering photos going up. Will have it with me tonight, so if you dont want your photo taken, then duck when you see me :thumbsup::yes:

Social source share

Guest Karen Heath

I photograph anyone and everyone at soul do's :yes: Prestatyn I came back with nigh on 400, a lot of whom I knew but just as many random people :D I get really bossy and get them posing, they love it!

Personally I would so love an SLR but I know it would so get in my way... my little casio fits neatly in my bag when I have to suddenly chuck it away to run to the dance floor :D

I changed over to digital just over a year ago. basically you can "enhance" in many ways, poor shots with a digital camera. In Soul Doo's I like to take a mixture of discreet and "posing type shots". The discreet shots capture the mood of the moment, the "posing shots" capture the person as they wish to be seen. I've seen some fantastic Images posted on here..............keep up the good work.

regards Ritchie :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest MattB

Thanks, i think ill take my camera up and hopefully store it in the DJ booth when i fancy having a good time, im glad you enjoyed some of my photos, ill get some more up soon.

Matt

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert